A Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl that is quick, creamy, and nutritious. This easy smoothie recipe is bursting with blueberry flavor and healthy ingredients that will keep you feeling full and nourished.
Why You Will Love This Thick Smoothie Recipe
I have been loving creating recipes using blueberries lately. Blueberries are so beautiful and yummy - and best of all they are packed full of vitamins and minerals. This smoothie is full of their yummy flavor and all their health benefits and along with the banana, chia seeds, and nut butter, it is a real winner!
- Thick and creamy: The banana and yogurt makes this smoothie super creamy and deliciously thick. Get your spoon ready!
- Packed with protein: Nut butter + chia seeds + yoghurt = loads of healthy protein
- Easy to make: Just 3 quick and easy steps
- Healthy fats: Thank you nut butter!
- Full of nutrients: This smoothie contains vitamins C, K, and E, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, manganese, magnesium, and calcium
How To Make Blueberry Banana Smoothie
This is a super quick and easy smoothie recipe! To make it you will need:
- Bananas (fresh or frozen - I used fresh)
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen - I used fresh)
- Yogurt (plain is best)
- Chia seeds
- Nut butter (whichever kind you prefer)
- Honey (or maple/agave syrup will also work well)
- Toppings (optional, I used fresh blueberries, sliced bananas, and a sprinkle of chia seeds and granola)
To make the smoothie, all you need to do is add all the ingredients into a blender and blend them together until thick and creamy. Once you are happy with the consistency, pour the smoothie into a serving bowl. You can then add some yummy toppings and then enjoy!
Are blueberry smoothies good for you?
Blueberries are often labeled superfoods because they are highly nutritious and low in calories. 1 cup of blueberries (this smoothie has 2 cups!) has 4 grams of fiber, 24% of Vitamin C's RDI, and 36% of Vitamin K's RDI. Blueberries are also incredibly high in antioxidant levels. This makes blueberry smoothies incredibly good for you - and this smoothie has even more health benefits due to all the other healthy ingredients in it. This smoothie has a good balance of protein, healthy fats, and carbs!
What toppings go well with this blueberry smoothie bowl recipe?
Adding toppings to a smoothie bowl is always the best part. Have fun choosing and adding all your favorite toppings. For this smoothie bowl, I like to add fresh fruit, granola, and chia seeds. Other options include coconut flakes, nut butter, nuts, and seeds.
More Healthy Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try:
- Creamy Coconut Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Beet Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Activated Charcoal Smoothie Bowl
- Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Easy Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- 2 bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 teaspoon honey (or maple syrup)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon nut butter (whichever kind you prefer)
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Fresh blueberries
- Sliced banana
- Chia seeds
- Place the smoothie ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!