A delicious Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie that can be made in minutes and is full of nutrients and bright berry flavors. This smoothie is made without yogurt and it is the perfect healthy treat!
I love making smoothies for a healthy breakfast or healthy snack. They are quick and easy to make and can be easily customised to suit your preferences.
This Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie is no exception. It can be made in minutes, is easily adapted, and is full of yummy flavor and health benefits.
Why you'll love this strawberry blackberry banana smoothie
- Tastes amazing! This smoothie is full of bright berry flavors that combine beautifully with the creamy banana.
- Full of nutrients. The fruit and chia seeds provide extensive vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Quick and easy to make. You can make this smoothie in minutes with a few simple ingredients and a blender.
- High in protein. The combination of protein powder and chia seeds makes this smoothie packed full of healthy protein.
If you love blackberries, you have to try out my Protein Overnight Oats with Blackberries. Delicious!
Ingredients you'll need & optional substitutions
- Banana. Frozen bananas make a smoothie extra thick and creamy so I like to use frozen ones, but feel fresh ones will be delicious too.
- Blackberries. You can use fresh or frozen blackberries depending on the season.
- Strawberries. Either fresh or frozen - both will work well!
- Protein powder. For a vegan smoothie, be sure to use a plant-based protein powder that is vegan friendly.
- Milk. I prefer to make this smoothie using almond milk but you can use any other preferred milk alternative.
- Chia seeds. Adds lots of nutrients and protein to the smoothie. Chia seeds also help to keep the smoothie the perfect, thick consistency.
- Maple syrup. You can adjust the amount of maple syrup used according to your preference. You can also substitute the maple syrup with agave syrup if preferred.
Step by step instructions
Place the smoothie ingredients in a blender, starting with the liquids.
Blend until smooth and creamy. Check the consistency and sweetness of the smoothie. Add more milk if a thinner smoothie is preferred and adjust the amount of maple syrup to taste - the amount of sweetness needed can change depending on the sweetness of the berries.
Pour into serving glasses and enjoy immediately. You can optionally top your smoothie with fresh berries and chia seeds.
This recipe makes two smoothies. You can halve or double the ingredients to make the amount that you need.
No, it does not. You can use a combination of fresh and frozen fruit, or you can use all fresh or all frozen. I like using some frozen fruit so it makes the smoothie cold without adding any ice!
Yes! This smoothie is well balanced and contains lots of vitamins and minerals. The berries are full of vitamin c and antioxidants, the banana contains fibre and potassium, and the chia seeds add omega fatty acids and protein. So this smoothie is packed with health benefits.
The best fruits to use in a smoothie are ones that are low in sugar and high in nutrients and flavor - such as berries. Bananas are also a great addition to smoothies as they make the smoothie naturally thick and creamy, especially if frozen bananas are used.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- If your smoothie is too thin, thicken it up by adding a few ice cubes and an extra teaspoon of chia seeds.
- If your smoothie is too thick, you can thin it down by adding some extra milk or water.
- Use a good quality high-speed blender for extra smooth and creamy smoothies. I like to use this blender, but any blender will be able to get the job done!
- You can turn this smoothie into a smoothie bowl by halving the amount of milk used. This will create a thicker smoothie that can be poured into a bowl and topped with fresh fruit, seeds, granola, yogurt, or nuts.
Storing Your Smoothie
Smoothies are best enjoyed immediately after blending. But you can also store them in an airtight jar in the fridge for 1 - 2 days. The smoothie might separate slightly while being stored, but just give it a stir before enjoying it!
You can also freeze your strawberry blackberry banana smoothie. Place it in an airtight freezer-safe jar, and freeze for up to 3 months. To defrost the smoothie, place it in the fridge the night before you want to drink it. Stir and enjoy the next day!
More smoothie recipes you may like:
- Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Chocolate Coffee Smoothie
- Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
- Turmeric Smoothie
- Banana Peach Smoothie Without Yogurt
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup blackberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 - 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the smoothie ingredients in a blender, starting with the liquids.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Check the consistency and sweetness of the smoothie. Add more milk if a thinner smoothie is preferred and adjust the amount of maple syrup to taste - the amount of sweetness needed can change depending on the sweetness of the berries.
- Pour into serving glasses and enjoy immediately. You can optionally top your smoothie with fresh berries and chia seeds.