Made with coconut milk, fresh ginger, banana, and mango. This Coconut Turmeric Smoothie Bowl is the perfect healthy, vegan breakfast. Filled with immune boosting ingredients, this turmeric smoothie is the perfect start to your day.
Anti-inflammatory mango turmeric smoothie
I'm a sucker for a good smoothie first thing in the morning. Everything from blueberry smoothies to dessert smoothies. This easy turmeric smoothie is no different. Super easy to make and filled with anti-inflammatory properties. A little turmeric goes a long way and is definitely a bright and healthy way to kickstart your day.
Made with bananas and mango, this healthy turmeric smoothie bowl is filled with Vitamin C and packed with antioxidants. The best part about this easy smoothie bowl recipe is the fact that it really only requires one step. Add everything to the blender and blend until smooth. It's that easy. To make it even more delicious, add your favorite toppings and that's that.
Why do people put turmeric in smoothies:
- Natural anti-inflammatory: Turmeric is packed with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Filled with antioxidants: Antioxidants protect your cells against free radicals which overall helps with heart health.
- Cancer prevention properties: Studies have shown that it can contribute to the death of cancerous cells.
- Helps treat Alzheimers: Has shown to lead to various improvements in the pathological process of Alzheimers disease.
Ingredients you'll need
Coconut milk - To make your turmeric smoothie bowl extra creamy, use coconut milk. Other milk alternatives work just as well but coconut milk is definitely the creamiest.
Bananas - Fresh or frozen work well, but for a thicker consistency use frozen bananas.
Mango - To boost that Vitamin C content and add a little sweetness use frozen mango chunks.
Pineapple - I love adding pineapples to smoothies, they give a certain tangy sweetness and add to the texture.
Fresh ginger - Ginger is packed with healthy nutrients and works so well with turmeric. You can add as little or as much as you want.
Turmeric - A little goes a long way.
How Much Turmeric Should I Add to My Smoothie?
You do not need to add loads of turmeric to benefit from all its health properties. Adding just 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder to your smoothie will be highly beneficial and add a great flavour. But also feel free to add more turmeric to your smoothie bowl if you prefer it stronger!
How To Make This Mango Turmeric Smoothie
Do you know why I really love smoothies? Because they are the easiest thing ever to make! In just minutes, you can have the most delicious breakfast or snack.
This turmeric smoothie recipe is no different. It can be whipped up in no time at all. All you have to do is:
- Place all the smoothie ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add more liquid or honey/maple syrup if you prefer your smoothie to have a thinner consistency or a sweeter taste.
- Top with yummy toppings of your choice and add a little drizzle of coconut milk for extra creaminess.
Smoothie bowl toppings:
- Coconut flakes
- Banana slices
- Mango chunks
- Chia seeds
- Chopped nuts
- Fresh mint
- Rolled oats
What makes a smoothie bowl thick
Frozen fruit is the key to making your smoothie bowl thick. The addition of frozen banana in this turmeric smoothie bowl makes this smoothie bowl extra creamy and thick. Adding chia seeds can also soak up moisture and make the smoothie bowl thicker. Another way to ensure your smoothie bowl is thick is to start by only adding a little milk at a time until you've reached your desired consistency.
More Smoothie Recipes To Try:
- Strawberry Almond Smoothie
- Coconut Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Immune Boosting Breakfast Smoothie
- Activated Charcoal Smoothie Bowl
I always love seeing your creations or connecting with other foodies, so please pop on over to my INSTAGRAM to share your yellow beauties or simply just to keep up to date with what's going on in the Baking-Ginger kitchen!
Creamy Coconut Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
This Creamy Coconut Turmeric Smoothie Bowl is my favourite breakfast for this time of year. Made with coconut milk, fresh ginger, banana, and mango - it's the perfect healthy, vegan breakfast.
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- ¼ Cup Frozen Mango Chunks
- ¼ Cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 300 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 Piece Fresh Ginger
- 2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoon Honey/Maple Syrup optional
- Sliced Banana
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Mango Chunks
Place all the ingredients in your blender.
Blend on high speed until smooth.
Add more liquid or honey/maple syrup if desired.
Top with toppings of your choice and add a little drizzle of coconut milk for extra creaminess.
Leave a Reply