Indulge in a healthy blueberry smoothie and learn why this blueberry pineapple smoothie is filled with tons of health benefits.
Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
I'm a sucker for anything blueberry especially if I can turn it into a healthy creation like this blueberry chia pudding recipe. What's great about this easy smoothie recipe is that you can use fresh or frozen blueberries. This blueberry pineapple smoothie is made without yogurt and is vegan and gluten free. Can't beat that right?
Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie Benefits
- Blueberries are packed with antioxidants which helps reduce the risk of many diseases.
- Immune boosting. The combo of antioxidants and vitamin C from the pineapples will definitely add a boost to your immune system.
- The smoothie is also high in healthy fats and hormone balancing qualities.
- It adds a little extra protein to your breakfast or snack.
How To Make A Blueberry Smoothie
- Place all the ingredients for the smoothie into your blender and blend until smooth. Add a little extra coconut (or almond) milk if desired.
- Pour into glasses and top with fresh blueberries and coconut flakes.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Blueberries - Use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Pineapple - I cut my fresh pineapple into small chunks and pop them in the freezer overnight.
- Frozen banana - To make this blueberry smoothie without banana simply substitute the banana for coconut cream, chia seeds or even avocado (my personal favourite).
- Nut butter - Use your favorite nut butter. I'm an almond butter addict so that's definitely my top choice.
- Ground flax seeds - This is a personal favorite ingredient. It adds hormone balancing qualities and adds a little extra protein. Substitute for chia seeds if desired.
- Coconut milk - I love adding coconut milk with anything pineapple. It gives it that real tropical flavor, but it can easily be substituted for any other milk.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 Tbsp nut butter
- 2 tsp ground flax seed
- 1 ¼ cups coconut milk
- Fresh blueberries
- Coconut flakes
- Fresh mint
- Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide into glasses and top with fresh blueberries and coconut flakes.