This delicious Creamy Coffee Chocolate Smoothie is made from nutritious ingredients like bananas, rolled oats, and cocoa powder. It is a great healthy breakfast or sweet afternoon treat. (vegan and naturally gluten-free)
The Best Chocolate Banana Coffee Smoothie
This is such a quick and easy smoothie recipe made from simple, healthy ingredients. It can be made in minutes which is perfect for busy mornings. It is a great breakfast or afternoon snack because it is full of nutritious ingredients and is refined-sugar-free, which means it will give you a boost of energy without spiking your blood sugar. This smoothie is a great option for getting a boost of caffeine in a healthy and delicious way.
I made this Creamy Coffee Chocolate Smoothie in partnership with L'Or Espresso.
If you are looking for more delicious recipes using coffee, check out my Coffee Chocolate Brownies or Almond Milk Iced Coffee.
What You Will Need To Make This Cacoa Coffee Smoothie
This recipe uses simple pantry-staple ingredients. All the ingredients are vegan and gluten-free. The ingredients you will need for this healthy coffee chocolate smoothie are:
- Plant-based milk. You can use whichever milk alternative you prefer - I used almond milk.
- Rolled oats. Adds protein and fibre to the smoothie.
- Bananas (fresh or frozen). This is what makes the smoothie so creamy.
- Cocoa powder. For that rich chocoalte taste!
- Coconut sugar. Or any other preferred sweetener of your choice.
- Vanilla extract. Adds a delicious sweet flavor.
- Espresso shots. Yummy flavor and a boost of caffine.
- Ice-cubes. To create the perfect smoothie consistency.
Can you eat banana and coffee together?
Banana and coffee may seem like an odd combination, but they actually complement each other well. The natural sweetness and creaminess of the banana pairs perfectly with the rich bitter coffee. You may not think it at first, but banana and coffee are a match made in heaven.
HOW TO MAKE A CREAMY COFFEE SMOOTHIE
This Creamy Chocolate Coffee Smoothie is incredibly simple to make — it is so easy that it takes less than 5 minutes! There are just two steps to make this delicious smoothie:
- Add the smoothie ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. (You can adjust the amount of milk to reach your preferred consistency)
How To Store Vegan Smoothies
This creamy coffee smoothie recipe serves 2 – 4 people. If you have any leftovers that you would like to store, pour it into airtight jars and keep them in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 days. Alternatively, you can freeze the jars for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat the frozen smoothie, take it out of the freezer to thaw for a few minutes until it is a drinkable consistency.
MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Vegan Strawberry Almond Smoothie
- Immune Boosting Breakfast Smoothie
- Healthy Beet Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Creamy Coconut Turmeric Smoothie
- Chocolate Almond Protein Smoothie
I hope you love this Creamy Coffee Chocolate Smoothie recipe as much as I do! And if you want to see more of my delicious food adventures, follow me on Instagram or Facebook.
Creamy Coffee Chocolate Smoothie
- 2 bananas frozen
- 2 shots Espresso I used the LÓr Columbia flavour
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup oats
- 1 cup milk alternative of choice
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- Place all the smoothie ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If you prefer a thinner consistency add a splash more milk.
- Once happy with the consistency, pour the smoothie into serving glasses and enjoy!