This delicious almond milk iced coffee is vegan, refined sugar free and so easy to make. The best almond milk coffee recipe and a delicious, healthier alternative to Starbucks.
What is an Almond Milk Coffee
Almond Milk Coffee, hot or cold, is my ultimate favorite. Whether you use a Nespresso or even instant coffee, this almond milk latte never dissapoints.
Almond Milk Coffee is a great alternative to regular lattes or cappuccinos if you are looking for a delicious dairy-free, low calorie alternative. Made with your favorite almond milk and a shot of espresso this coffee never disappoints.
Almond Milk Benefits
Almond milk is a fantastic milk option for anyone trying to cut back on dairy or for those following a vegan diet. Almond milk is a delicious plant-based drink made mostly from almonds and water.
Low in Calories
Almond milk is a great low calorie milk option. With around only 40 calories per 100ml this vegan milk is perfect for sticking to your macros.
High in Vitamin E
Almonds contain larges amounts of Vitamin E. Adding almond milk to your coffee is a great way to boos your Vitamin E intake. Vitamin E is very important for healthy skin and helps support your immune system.
What you'll need
- Shot of espresso - I used a shot of Nespresso but you can easily substitute with any other espresso.
- Xylitol - Substitute for any other sweetener, or skip the sweetener for a more bitter almond iced coffee.
- Vanilla Extract - This is what sets this iced coffee recipe apart from the rest. Trust me you'll love it.
- Almond Milk - Use your favorite milk substitute instead. I love a little oat milk in my iced coffee every now and then.
How To Make Almond Milk Coffee
Almond milk coffee can be made using a Nespresso machine, instant coffee or any espresso maker.
Step One: Make a double shot of your favorite espresso.
Step Two: Froth ½ cup almond milk.
Step Three: Stir sweetener (optional) into the espresso and top with the frothed almond milk.
How To Make An Almond Milk Iced Latte With Hot Coffee
This Nespresso Iced Coffee is literally the easiest drink to make. All you have to do is make a shot of your favorite Nespresso, add the xylitol and vanilla extract and stir well.
Then fill a glass with ice, add almond milk, and top with the espresso shot. The best iced coffee recipe made in under 5 minutes.
You can also try my Caramel Mocha Iced Latte recipe using your Nespresso.
Which Iced Coffee Is The Healthiest
This almond iced coffee recipe is definitely one of the healthiest iced coffee recipes out there. It's basically just coffee and almond milk with a little extra flavor.
Not only is it a super easy iced coffee recipe but also incredibly low calorie and sugar free. For a milk free alternative, dry my easy to make Iced Americano.
Is Iced Coffee Good For Losing Weight
This vegan iced coffee is a great way to beat those cravings while trying to lose weight. Not only is it a low calorie drink, but coffee is also known to increase your metabolism. It's the perfect mid-afternoon pick me up or early morning kickstarter.
Almond Milk Coffee Variations and Add-Ins
- Vanilla Syrup
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Melted Chocolate
Other Non-Dairy Milks For Coffee
- Soy Milk - Soy milk is made from soy beans and is a great dairy-free option for cereals or other uses. It can be used in coffee but has a slight after taste.
- Oat Milk - Oat milk is a fantastic option for coffee and has a slightly sweet taste.
- Coconut Milk - Coconut milk will change the taste of the coffee but works great in iced lattes. Coconut milk can make iced lattes very creamy and delicious.
- Macadamia Milk - Macadamia Milk is similar to almond milk but is slightly thicker and a tad bit sweeter. Also a great option for hot and cold coffees.
It's the perfect solution for any coffee addict trying to make it through the summer. It is also vegan, sugar free and low in calories. What more could a girl want? Well maybe a delicious Chewy Biscoff Cookie to go with your Iced Coffee.
More delicious coffee recipes
- 1 Shot Espresso
- 2 tsp Xylitol or sweetener
- ½ Cup Almond Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 Cup Ice
Make Espresso and stir in xylitol/sweetener and vanilla extract while hot.
Allow too cool for a few min.
Fill glass with ice cubes.
Add almond milk and top with Espresso.