A healthy Spiced Carrot Banana Smoothie that tastes just like carrot cake! Full of nutritious and delicious ingredients and so easy to make.
(Vegan & refined sugar-free)
- Banana & Carrot Smoothie Recipe
- WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS SMOOTHIE
- Ingredients & Notes
- Optional Smoothie Additions
- How to Make a Spiced Carrot Banana Smoothie
- Recipe Notes & Tips
- More smoothie recipes to try out:
- STORING YOUR SMOOTHIE
- DOES A CARROT SMOOTHIE REDUCE WEIGHT?
- More Carrot Recipes To Try:
- Spiced Carrot Banana Smoothie
Banana & Carrot Smoothie Recipe
This thick and creamy spiced smoothie tastes just like dessert. This Banana & Carrot Smoothie Recipe is naturally sweet, creamy, and full of warm spices and combined with fresh carrots - it is just like carrot cake for breakfast!
It is quick and easy to make this tasty smoothie using lots of healthy fruit and vegetables. It makes for a delicious smoothie that is good for you and your body. This smoothie has a healthy mix of carbs, protein, nutrients, and healthy fats to fuel your body and help to keep you full longer.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS SMOOTHIE
- Healthy and delicious. This smoothie uses ingredients that are full of nutrients but also taste delicious and creamy.
- Easy to make. This smoothie can be made in just minutes using fresh or frozen fruits.
- All natural. All the sweetness and flavor in this smoothie come purely from natural ingredients.
- A cozy and creamy smoothie. Full of warm spices, this thick and creamy smoothie is a healthy hug for your body.
If you love healthy carrot cake recipes, check out my No-Bake Carrot Cake Energy Balls without Dates!
Ingredients & Notes
- Banana. Frozen bananas give a smoothie a thick, creamy texture while adding natural sweetness.
- Carrots. You can cut up fresh carrots for this smoothie, or you can use store-bought shredded carrots to save time.
- Milk. You can use any plant-based milk you prefer best such as oat milk, almond milk, or coconut milk.
- Yogurt. Use your favorite plant-based yogurt to add nutrients and creaminess to this smoothie.
- Maple syrup. You can adjust the amount you add according to preference and the sweetness of the fruit and veggies that you added. You can also alternatively use agave syrup to sweeten your smoothie.
- Nuts. I like to use pecan nuts and walnuts - but you can use any kind of nut or mixture of nuts that you prefer best.
- Spices. Ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger. You can also add a pinch of cloves if you like it even more spiced.
Optional Smoothie Additions
- collagen powder
- protein powder
- maca powder
- hemp seeds
- flax seeds
How to Make a Spiced Carrot Banana Smoothie
Place the smoothie ingredients in a blender, starting with the milk and yogurt. I like to use a NutriBullet, but any high-speed blender will work.
Blend until smooth and creamy. Check the consistency of the smoothie and add more milk if a thinner smoothie is preferred. If you like a really thick, cold smoothie then add a few ice cubes and blend again.
Pour the smoothie into serving glasses and enjoy immediately. You can optionally top your smoothie with a sprinkle of chopped nuts and a dusting of cinnamon.
Recipe Notes & Tips
- Don’t over-blend your smoothie as the blender will start to warm up the smoothie if you blend it for too long. Generally, you will only need to mix this smoothie for about one minute.
- You can turn this smoothie recipe into a carrot cake smoothie bowl. Simply omit the milk from the recipe and then serve the smoothie in a bowl with your favorite toppings.
- If you want to make more of the smoothie mixture, you can double or triple the recipe, just keep the ratio of ingredients the same.
- If you don't have a high-speed blender, use boiled, blanched, or shredded carrots to blend to a smoother texture.
More smoothie recipes to try out:
STORING YOUR SMOOTHIE
Smoothies are best enjoyed immediately after blending. But you can also store them in an airtight jar in the fridge for 1 - 2 days. The smoothie might separate slightly while stored - but just give it a quick stir before enjoying it!
You can also freeze your Spiced Carrot Banana Smoothie. Simply place it in an airtight freezer-safe jar, and freeze for up to 3 months. To defrost the smoothie, put it in the fridge the night before you want to drink it. Then stir and enjoy the next day!
DOES A CARROT SMOOTHIE REDUCE WEIGHT?
Carrots are great for weight loss. They have an incredibly high fibre content which helps you feel fuller for longer. A carrot smoothie is low in calories and has tons of health benefits.
You can find out about more the health benefits of carrots in my post here!
HOW TO ADD MORE PROTEIN TO SMOOTHIES?
If you want to add more protein, you can add a serving of your favorite protein powder. You may need another ½ – 1 cup of dairy-free milk depending on the protein powder you use and your preferred consistency.
More Carrot Recipes To Try:
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Carrots, chopped or shredded
- ½ Cup Plant-Based Milk
- ½ Cup Plant-Based Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ⅓ Cup Nuts (pecans, walnuts, or macadamia)
- Place the smoothie ingredients in a blender, starting with the milk and yogurt.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Check the consistency of the smoothie and add more milk if a thinner smoothie is preferred. If you like a really thick, cold smoothie then add a few ice cubes and blend again.
- Pour the smoothie into serving glasses and enjoy immediately. You can optionally top your smoothie with a sprinkle of chopped nuts and a dusting of cinnamon.