A simple Strawberry Beetroot Detox Smoothie packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. This tasty smoothie is easy to make using nutritious, plant-based ingredients.
Strawberry Beet Smoothie Recipe
I love this detox smoothie recipe because not only is it good for you but it is also absolutely delicious and full of natural flavor. This smoothie can be made in minutes, is easily adapted, and is full of health benefits.
This smoothie has no added sugar to it and is naturally vegan and gluten-free. All the natural sweetness comes from the sweet fruit in the smoothie, which is well balanced out by the earthy beets.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS DETOX SMOOTHIE:
- Healthy and delicious. This smoothie uses ingredients that are full of nutrients and health benefits but also taste sweet and delicious.
- Simple to make. This smoothie can be made in just minutes using fresh or frozen berries.
- All natural. All the sweetness and flavor in this smoothie come purely from natural ingredients. It is free of any refined sugar and processed ingredients!
- A sweet berry boost. Full of natural flavors, this chilled smoothie is a healthy and refreshing boost for your body.
If you love beet smoothies, check out my Beet and Berry Smoothie Bowl recipe!
Ingredients & Notes
- Beetroot. Provides earthy flavor and lots of nutrients.
- Banana. To keep the smoothie thick and creamy in texture. Frozen is preferable, but you can also use fresh.
- Strawberries. I like to use frozen strawberries to give the smoothie a chilled, thick texture.
- Non-Dairy Milk. You can use any type of milk alternative that you prefer best. I like to use oat milk, but almond milk and coconut milk are also delicious.
- Rolled Oats. Gives the smoothie extra fibre and protein.
- Maple Syrup. You could also alternatively use agave syrup. Feel free to adjust the amount you add to your smoothie according to your preference and the sweetness of your fruits.
This smoothie is also great for adding any additional supplements, such as:
- Protein powder
- Maca powder
- Flax seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
SHOULD YOU USE FRESH OR FROZEN STRAWBERRIES FOR SMOOTHIES?
Some smoothie recipes need fresh strawberries, and others recommend frozen ones. So it is always dependent on what kind of smoothie you're making whether fresh or frozen will be best. Frozen strawberries are great to add that chilled, frozen texture and feeling - but using fresh will be just as tasty!
How to make a Strawberry Beetroot Detox Smoothie
Smoothies are so quick and easy to make - I think that's one of the reasons I love them so much! And this smoothie is no exception. It requires very little prep and so you can have your delicious smoothie ready in minutes.
Place the ingredients in a high-speed blender, starting with the milk. I like to use my Greenis Smart Power Blender.
Blend until smooth and creamy. Check the consistency of the smoothie and add more milk if a thinner smoothie is preferred and more agave syrup if you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
Pour into serving glasses and enjoy immediately. You can optionally top your smoothie with fresh fruit and mint.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
- Use a good quality high-speed blender for extra smooth and creamy smoothies.
- Do not over-blend your smoothies as the blender will start to warm up the smoothie during blending.
- If your smoothie is too thin, thicken it up by adding a few ice cubes.
- If your smoothie is too thick, you can thin it down by adding some extra milk or water.
- You can turn this smoothie into a smoothie bowl by halving the amount of milk used. This will create a thicker smoothie that can be poured into a bowl and topped with fresh fruit, seeds, granola, yogurt, or nuts.
- If you want to make more smoothie mixture, you can double or triple the recipe, just keep the ratio of ingredients the same.
Smoothies are best enjoyed immediately after blending. But you can also store them in an airtight jar in the fridge for 1 - 2 days. The smoothie might separate slightly while stored - but just give it a quick stir before enjoying it!
You can also freeze your Strawberry Beetroot Detox Smoothie for meal prep. Simply place it in an airtight freezer-safe jar, and freeze for up to 3 months. To defrost the smoothie, place it in the fridge the night before you want to drink it. Then stir and enjoy the next day!
How many servings is this smoothie?
This recipe makes two smoothies. You can halve or double the ingredients to make the amount that you need.
Does my fruit need to be frozen to make a smoothie?
No, it does not. You can use a combination of fresh and frozen fruit, or you can use all fresh or all frozen. I like using some frozen fruit so it makes the smoothie cold without adding any ice!
Is this smoothie healthy?
Yes! This smoothie is well balanced and contains lots of vitamins and minerals. The berries are full of vitamin c and antioxidants and the banana contains fibre and potassium.
Beets are full of healthy nutrients like folate, potassium, fiber, vitamin C, iron, and B vitamins. They also contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and they can even help the body in detoxification. So this smoothie is packed with health benefits.
What are the healthiest fruits to put in your smoothies?
The best fruits to use in a smoothie are ones that are low in sugar and high in nutrients and flavor - such as berries. Bananas are also a great addition to smoothies as they make the smoothie naturally thick and creamy, especially if frozen bananas are used.
MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Creamy Coconut Turmeric Smoothie
- Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Chocolate Coffee Smoothie
- Banana Peach Smoothie Without Yogurt
- Activated Charcoal Smoothie
- 1 - 2 Fresh Beetroots
- 1 Banana Frozen
- 1 ½ Cups Strawberries
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ⅓ Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 - 2 tsp Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup
- Place the ingredients in a high-speed blender, starting with the milk.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Check the consistency of the smoothie and add more milk if a thinner smoothie is preferred and more agave syrup if you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
- Pour into serving glasses and enjoy immediately. You can optionally top your smoothie with fresh fruit and mint.
This post was made in collaboration with Greenis Smart Power Blender.