This Jalapeno Hummus is super creamy and packed with delicious fresh jalapeno flavour. This homemade hummus recipe is easy to make and is perfect as a dip or a spread.
What Is Hummus Made Of?
Hummus is a healthy Middle Eastern dip that is traditionally made from chickpeas and tahini and garnished with olive oil. Many different flavors can be added to it and it can be mixed up with a variety of different add-ins. This recipe is a twist on traditional hummus with its delicious addition of jalapenos.
Homemade Hummus with Jalapenos
This Jalapeno Hummus is light and creamy and has a spicy kick from the fresh jalapenos that complements it perfectly. This hummus recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free and can last for about a week in the fridge. This recipe is great as a dip or as a spread. I love adding it to my Vegan Beet Burgers! This easy hummus recipe is also the perfect healthy game day dip.
How to make this recipe
This hummus recipe could not be easier to make! All you have to do is add all the ingredients to a food processor and mix until smooth and creamy. And that’s it! You will have yummy homemade hummus in minutes which is much tastier than a store-bought version! I garnished mine with some extra olive oil, jalapeno slices, and chopped fresh parsley - but this is totally optional.
What to eat with hummus
Hummus can be enjoyed as a dip or as a spread. Here are some suggestions on how to enjoy this delicious hummus:
- Served with veggies (cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, celery sticks, halved cherry tomatoes)
- Alongside pita or corn chips
- With your favorite crackers
- Spread on toast or in sandwiches
- As a dip with falafel or salads
Tips for making this jalapeno hummus recipe
- If you find your hummus is too thick, simply blend in an extra couple tablespoon of cold water until it is the consistency you like
- You can adjust the amount of jalapeno that you add to have it to your liking
- You can store this hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week (if it will even last that long!)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 jalapeños, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper too taste
- Sliced jalapeños for topping
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately with sliced jalapeños and an extra drizzle of olive oil or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
More Easy Recipes To Try
- Easy Homemade Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Waffles
- An Easy Blueberry Pie Recipe
- Easy Creamy Tiramisu