An easy Roasted Cauliflower Soup (Keto) recipe that is creamy and full of deep, delicious flavor. This low-carb soup is rich, satisfying, and velvety in texture - the perfect blend of a few simple ingredients. (Gluten-free & Keto diet friendly)
Keto Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Made from oven-roasted cauliflower, this delicious soup is full of rich, savory flavor that is perfect for a cozy, comforting midweek meal. The roasted cauliflower adds lots of deep flavor which is enhanced by the tasty herbs and spices in the recipe.
This cauliflower soup is easy to make and can be stored in the fridge or freezer for later enjoyment. I love making a big pot of this soup for meal prep to enjoy all week long.
The cheese and cream that is in this cauliflower soup make it super creamy and luscious in texture which leaves you feeling satisfied. When the ingredients are blended together they create a velvety texture that will keep you wanting more!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS SOUP RECIPE
- Full of flavor. This soup is anything but bland! The vegetables combined with aromatic spices make this soup flavorful and satisfying.
- A perfect cozy meal. There's nothing better than bundling up with a big bowl of warm, creamy soup. And this soup is perfect for just that!
- Vegetarian, Keto, and gluten-free. This soup recipe is a great option for anyone who is looking for a vegetarian, keto and gluten-free soup or meal idea.
- A great meal prep option. Soup is perfect for meal prepping and this recipe can easily be doubled and stored in the fridge or freezer for later enjoyment.
Another delicious Keto meal to try out is my Keto Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Cheese recipe!
Keto Cauliflower Soup Ingredients
This cheesy, creamy soup is made using a few simple ingredients that are easy to find and are suitable for a Keto and Gluten-Free diet. There aren't many ingredients in this soup, but they all combine beautifully and bring lots of flavor to the finished dish.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Cauliflower. Roasted until golden brown to give a deep delicious flavor and healthy nutrients to the soup.
- Onion. Roasts until sweet and caramelised. White or yellow onions will work best for this recipe.
- Fresh thyme. Brings delicious fresh, herby flavor to the soup. If you don't have fresh thyme you can substitute it with dried - but I highly recommend using fresh!
- Garlic. Adds a ton of flavor that pairs beautifully with the cauliflower.
- Vegetable broth. To make the soup a perfectly smooth consistency. You can use chicken broth if you don't have any vegetable broth.
- Heavy cream. Makes the soup extra rich and creamy and leaves you feeling satisfied after enjoying a bowl full.
- Herbs and spices. Red pepper flakes, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
- White cheddar. Adds delicious creaminess and savory cheese flavor to the soup. You could use Gouda or Yellow Cheddar instead, but this will alter the flavor and color of the soup.
- Nuts and seeds
- Fresh herbs
- Microgreens and shoots
- A drizzle of extra cream
- A sprinkle of black pepper and/or chili flakes
How To Make Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower Soup (Keto)
This cauliflower soup is easy to make and doesn't require a lot of prep work. This is a simple, cozy recipe that you will want to make over and over again.
Prepare oven: Preheat your oven to 400F or 200C.
Prepare cauliflower and onions: Cut cauliflower into florets and peel and quarter the onions. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with fresh thyme sprigs.
Roast: Place the baking tray in the centre of your oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and golden brown. Remove thyme sprigs after baking.
Cook the garlic: In a pot over medium heat, add olive oil and allow to heat. Once heated, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Add and simmer the remaining ingredients: Add the remaining ingredients (except the white cheddar), as well as the roasted vegetables to the pot and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
Blend: Use a hand-held immersion blender to blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy.
Add the cheese: Sprinkle in the shredded white cheddar and stir until melted and well incorporated.
Serve: Pour into serving bowls and garnish. (I used seeds and pea shoots for my garnish.)
How long does cauliflower soup last in the fridge?
Cauliflower soup can be safely stored in the fridge for later use. Cauliflower soup lasts 3 - 5 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.
Can you freeze pureed cauliflower soup?
Yes, you can freeze cauliflower soup! Cauliflower soup lasts up to 3 months in the freezer. Store the cauliflower soup in the freezer in airtight bags or containers and it will be safe to enjoy for up to 3 months. If your soup is a little thicker after it has been frozen, add a dash of water or milk to thin it out to desired consistency.
How do you fix bland cauliflower soup?
Cauliflower can be a bland vegetable, but nobody wants bland cauliflower soup. To fix cauliflower soup from being bland it is important to add lots of herbs and spices when preparing it. Also, be sure to season your cauliflower soup well to enhances its flavor. Roasting cauliflower is also a great way to bring out more flavor and prevent your cauliflower soup from being bland.
More soup recipes to try:
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
- Gut-Healing Vegetable Soup
- Thermomix Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Pumpkin Lentil Soup
I hope you love this Roasted Cauliflower Soup (Keto) recipe as much as I do! And if you want to see more of my delicious food adventures, follow me on Instagram or Facebook.
Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
A Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup recipe that is cozy and full of deep, delicious flavor. This low-carb soup is rich, creamy, and velvety in texture - the perfect blend of a few simple ingredients. (Gluten-free & Keto diet friendly)
- 1 cauliflower head (about 2 lb.)
- 2 small onions
- 4 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- Salt & pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup white cheddar (or Monterary Jack), shredded
- Prepare oven. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare cauliflower and onions. Cut cauliflower into florets and peel and quarter the onions. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with fresh thyme sprigs.
- Roast. Place the baking tray in the center of your oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and golden brown. Remove thyme sprigs after baking.
- Cook garlic. In a pot over a medium heat, add olive oil and allow to heat. Once heated, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add and simmer the remaining ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients (except the white cheddar), as well as the roasted vegetables to the pot and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Blend. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cheese. Sprinkle in the shredded white cheddar and stir until melted and well incorporated.
- Serve. Pour into serving bowls and garnish. (I used croutons, seeds, and pea shoots for garnish.)
Cauliflower soup lasts 3 - 5 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.
Cauliflower soup lasts up to 3 months in the freezer in airtight bags or containers. If your soup is a little thicker after it has been frozen, add a dash of water or milk to thin it out to desired consistency.