I love finding new ways of improving my health and life, without having to pop pills or go to extremes, and the thing is that nature holds the answers to all our problems and it’s just a matter of finding out which herb or vegetable can do the trick for you.
Today’s super food is Beetroot. This pinky purple vegetable is amazing, it is packed with so many antioxidants, fibers and all kinds of other goodness.
A cup or two a day can fix you right up and improve your health immensely. I sometimes just drink it neat like that, fresh out of the juicer. Or I fix it up with some carrot juice or chuck in some ginger and celery to make a super detox juice which is one of my favourite things to have after a hectic weekend of indulgence and late nights.
So lets get into it.
10 Reasons to love Beetroot Juice:
- Drinking beetroot juice often can do wonders for your skin. It can prevent and even cure skin problems such as acne. It also promotes overall skin health and hair growth.
- Beetroot juice when drank regularly can lower your blood pressure because of the high levels of nitrate beetroots contain.
- Beetroot juice can lower glucose levels and also increase insulin sensitivity, therefore it is a great aid for diabetes.
- It supports digestion as because of its high fiber content it cleanses the intestines and keeps waste materials moving through the body at a faster pace.
- It prevents birth defects, because of the folic acid that is found in beetroots it supports tissue growth and proper development of the baby’s spinal cord.
- Beetroot juice prevents cancer. It can aid in the prevention of the formation of cancerous tumours because of the betacyanin found in beetroots.
- Increases stamina. Beetroot juice can be a great workout booster when consumed before a workout as it improves muscle oxygenation during workouts. This will allow you to be able to exercise for longer.
- Cleanses scalp and skin. Beetroot juice contains anti-pruritic properties which helps with itchy and dry scalp. It moisturises the scalp and skin and can even help clear dandruff. Mix beetroot juice with vinegar and rinse scalp with the mixture.
- Prevents dementia. Beetroot juice, when consumed regularly, can slow down the progression of dementia as it improves oxygenation to the brain.
- Source of Iron&Antioxidants: Beetroot juice is a delicious and natural way to consume iron and various antioxidants and is therefore a great aid for people who suffer from anemia. Not only is it a source of iron but it also facilitates iron absorption.
Have a look at the 10 Reasons to drink carrot juice everyday and why not mix up the two juices for a super healthy kick each morning.