A homemade Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte that tastes just like Starbucks! This delicious matcha latte is sweet, creamy, and will give you a healthy boost of energy and focus.
What is an Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte?
This delicious and refreshing green tea drink is a popular Starbucks order but you can easily make it at home too!
A vanilla matcha latte combines the yummy flavors of vanilla and matcha. This is then served over ice and milk to make a perfectly refreshing, creamy beverage.
The flavors of vanilla and matcha complement each other perfectly. Adding some vanilla to matcha is a great way to soften the taste of matcha and make it taste better.
Matcha powder, or green tea powder, can sometimes have a grassy, earthy taste so the vanilla extract used in this latte balances and sweetens the taste of the matcha.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy DIY version. This yummy iced latte can be made at home with just a few simple steps and ingredients. And the best part is that it will taste just as great as the one you buy from your favorite coffee shop!
- A delicious refresh. This refreshing iced drink has healthy caffeine in it from the matcha powder that will give you a great boost in energy and focus.
- Nutritional benefits. Matcha is packed with healthy nutrients with anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants
Ingredients You Will Need
- Hot water. This will help to dissolve the matcha powder and sweetener.
- Honey or maple syrup. The amount of sweetener you use can be adjusted according to your preference.
- Matcha powder. Use good quality matcha for this recipe for the best flavor results.
- Vanilla extract. An easy way to add delicious vanilla flavor to your iced matcha latte.
- Milk. Any dairy or non-dairy milk will work for this recipe.
- Ice cubes. Keeps the drink chilled and refreshing!
Optional ingredient substitutions
- You can swap the vanilla extract and honey/maple syrup for a vanilla syrup if preferred. Adjust the amount according to your preferred sweetness.
- You can use agave syrup or any other preferred liquid sweetener in place of the honey/maple syrup in this recipe if preferred.
- For an easy latte option, swap the milk for vanilla-flavoured milk and then you can leave out the vanilla extract. And if your vanilla-flavored milk is sweetened you may not need to add any additional honey/maple syrup too.
- You can use vanilla bean seeds instead of vanilla extract if preferred. Add ¼ teaspoon for your latte in replacement of the vanilla extract.
How To Make an Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte
In a small mug, jug, or bowl, add the hot water, matcha powder, honey/maple syrup, matcha powder, and vanilla extract.
Use a small whisk or hand frother to blend the ingredients together until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
Alternatively, you can also use a high-speed blender to combine the ingredients together along with the milk.
Fill a serving glass or jar with ice cubes and add the milk.
Pour the matcha mixture over the milk and ice. Gently stir and enjoy immediately.
You can double or triple the recipe and store the matcha mixture in the fridge for later use for up to a week.
Which Matcha is best for an iced latte?
Ceremonial grade matcha is a higher quality matcha powder than baking matcha and it is best for making lattes.
Is matcha better for anxiety than coffee?
Like coffee, matcha has a decent amount of caffeine in it, but it won't give you the jitters. Matcha can actually help reduce anxiety because of the large amount of L-theanine that it contains.
This powerful amino acid lessens the stimulating effect of caffeine on the nervous system, and instead, it produces an energized and focused state.
Is Matcha good for you?
Matcha, or green tea powder, is full of nutrients that are good for you. The health benefits of matcha powder include:
- High in antioxidants (including the powerful EGCg)
- Boosts metabolism
- Rich in fibre and vitamins
- Enhances mood
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
More Latte Recipes To Try:
- Caramel Mocha Iced Latte
- Oatmilk Honey Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
- Oat Milk Latte
- Cacao Maca Latte
- Iced Beetroot Latte
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 - 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 - 2 tsp matcha powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy or plant-based milk
- Ice cubes
- In a small mug, jug, or bowl, add the hot water, matcha powder, honey/maple syrup, matcha powder, and vanilla extract.
- Use a small whisk or hand frother to blend the ingredients together until smooth and well combined. Set aside. (Alternatively, you can also use a high-speed blender to combine the ingredients together along with the milk.)
- Fill a serving glass or jar with ice cubes and add the milk.
- Pour the matcha mixture over the milk and ice. Gently stir and enjoy immediately.
You can double or triple the recipe and store the remaining matcha mixture in the fridge for later use for up to a week.
Add as much matcha powder and/or sweeter according to personal preference.