A delicious Cacao Maca Latte recipe that is sweet, spiced, and good for you! This warm, creamy beverage is a great way to incorporate maca powder into your diet which will provide you with many health benefits.
- A Delicious Maca Powder Latte Recipe
- So what is maca?
- Ingredients & Notes
- How To Make An Easy Cacao Maca Latte
- Serving suggestions & recipe alternatives
- What are the health benefits of Maca Powder?
- Cacao Maca Latte Instructional Video:
- How long will a batch of this chocolate maca latte mix last?
- Cacao Maca Latte Recipe
A Delicious Maca Powder Latte Recipe
This creamy vegan latte recipe is a great way to enjoy maca powder and receive all of its many health benefits. It is an easy latte recipe that makes a sweet, rich, and spiced latte that is packed full of goodness.
This superfood beverage is a great way to have a boost of natural energy while improving fertility and hormonal balance. A warm maca drink is the perfect caffeine-free pick-me-up for any time of the day - it is like enjoying a healthy cup of hot chocolate.
This maca latte recipe is versatile and can be adapted to suit almost any dietary restrictions. It is vegan, gluten-free, and free of refined sugar.
Another delicious hot cocoa recipe to check out is my Chai Spiced Oat Milk Hot Chocolate!
So what is maca?
Maca is an ancient and resilient plant in the cruciferous family (related to broccoli, kale, cabbage, etc). The Maca plant is grown in the Peruvian Andes and maca powder is the finely powdered root of the plant.
Maca is an incredible adaptogen, which means it can be helpful in supporting hormonal, nervous, and cardiovascular systems, as well as improving libido and fertility. Maca powder also provides a boost of clean, stable energy which makes it a great caffeine alternative!
Ingredients & Notes
This maca powder recipe has just 7 ingredients, all of which are highly nutritious and suit most dietary restrictions. For this healthy latte recipe you will need:
- Raw maca powder. Maca powder is extremely nutient-dense and offers many health benefits.
- Cacao powder. Cacao or cocoa powder is used to add a rich, chocolatey indulgent taste to the latte.
- Coconut sugar. To add a touch of healthy sweetness. You could alternatively use honey or agave syrup to sweeten your latte.
- Ground cinnamon. This warm, sweet spice complements this superfood drink perfectly.
- Black pepper. Just a touch of crushed black pepper to bring out the goodness and benefits of this drink.
- Salt. A small pinch of salt really enhances the taste of this drink.
- Oat milk. I prefer using oat milk to make my latte, but any milk alternative will work for this recipe such as almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, etc. If you are not following a vegan or lactose-free diet you can also use whole cow's milk.
How to use maca powder?
Maca has a malty and sweet flavor. along with hints of caramel and vanilla. So it is best to use maca powder in sweet creamy recipes. Maca powder is delicious when added to smoothies, overnight oats, chia puddings, or milk drinks - just like in this lovely Chocolate Maca Latte recipe.
How To Make An Easy Cacao Maca Latte
It is so easy to make this maca latte powder which can then be stored and used whenever you need an energy boost. There are just three simple steps to follow to make this vegan maca latte:
Whisk dry ingredients together. In a small bowl, whisk together the raw maca powder, cocoa powder, black pepper, coconut sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon.
Store or use. Once the latte powder is well combined, store it in an airtight container for later use, or add 3 tablespoon to a large serving mug.
Add milk. Fill the mug with warm oat milk and stir well. Enjoy warm.
Serving suggestions & recipe alternatives
- Vegan whipped Cream. You can buy vegan whipped cream or use whipped coconut cream to top your latte before serving. Both types of whipped cream are delicious!
- More Chocolate: Top your latte with cocoa nibs, vegan chocolate chips, or grated dark chocolate for some additional yummy chocolate flavor!
- Vegan marshmallows: Marshmallows are a very popular hot chocolate topping. To keep this recipe vegan, add vegan marshmallows to the top of your drink to enjoy the classic soft, melted marshmallow topping.
- Cinnamon Powder: An extra dusting of cinnamon powder for a more spiced flavor.
- Peppermint Extract: Add a small dash, about ¼ tsp, of peppermint extract for a fun twist on this recipe. Perfect for the festive period!
What are the health benefits of Maca Powder?
Maca powder has many proven health benefits and is an incredibly nutrient-dense powder. It contains high levels of Vitamin C, copper, iron, potassium, vitamin B6, and manganese. It is also high in protein.
Maca powder is a powerful adaptogen and is highly beneficial in balancing hormones without actually containing hormones. It is frequently used to aid PCOS and menopause. Maca powder can improve male and female fertility as well as increase libido in both sexes. Maca powder also helps support healthy thyroid function, which is another critical element to optimal fertility.
This potent powder has also been shown to reduce anxiety and improve and stabilize mood. Maca powder offers stable energy that is caffeine-free and therefore has none of the negative caffeine side effects. Some studies have also shown maca powder to improve memory function and learning.
MORE HEALTHY DRINK RECIPES TO TRY:
- Iced Beetroot Latte
- Oat Milk Latte
- Immune Boosting Breakfast Smoothie
- Turmeric Smoothie
- Orange & Carrot Juice
- Berry Beetroot Smoothie
Cacao Maca Latte Instructional Video:
How long will a batch of this chocolate maca latte mix last?
If stored in an airtight container, this maca latte mix will last for up to 3 months. The mix should be stored at room temperature and can then be enjoyed anytime you need a boost of energy and health!
I hope you love this Cacao Maca Latte recipe as much as I do! And if you want to see more of my delicious food adventures, follow me on Instagram or Facebook.
Cacao Maca Latte Recipe
An easy Cacao Maca Latte recipe that is made with adaptogens, cocoa, coconut sugar, and sweet spices. This vegan latte is a great way to use maca powder in a recipe to gain the many health benefits from maca.
- ¼ cup maca powder
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Small pinch salt
- Oat milk for serving
- Whisk dry ingredients together. In a small bowl, whisk together the raw maca powder, cocoa powder, black pepper, coconut sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- Store or use. Once the latte powder is well combined, store it in an airtight container for later use, or add 3 tablespoon to a large serving mug.
- Add milk. Fill the mug with warm oat milk and stir well. Enjoy warm.
If stored in an airtight container, this maca latte mix will last for up to 3 months.
The mix should be stored at room temperature.
The oat milk can be substituted with any other preferred milk alternative
Leave a Reply