This quick & easy Matcha Sheet Cake recipe is a real winner! The soft, moist cake is topped with fluffy, creamy frosting, making it the dream cake for matcha lovers.
I am a huge fan of sheet cakes for so many reasons: they are super easy to make, always taste amazing, and are a simple way to please a crowd. So when Snowflake wanted to create something together, I immediately thought of making a sheet cake with one of their yummy Creations Cake Kits!
Matcha is such an amazing flavour so I thought it would make a fun and yummy sheet cake. Matcha is also packed full of health benefits such as:
- High in antioxidants (including the powerful EGCg)
- Boosts metabolism
- Rich in fibre and vitamins
- Enhances mood
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
How To Make This Easy Sheet Cake
Sheet cakes are so easy to make and this one is no exception! To make this Matcha Sheet Cake all you have to do is:
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the Snowflake Creations Vanilla Cake Mix and matcha powder.
- Mix this all together until just combined and pour it into a lined sheet cake pan.
- The cake then bakes for about 30 minutes and then all you have to do is make the yummy frosting!
Making the dreamy Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting is just as easy! All you have to do is:
- With a mixer, cream together the soft butter and cream cheese until fluffy and lighter in colour.
- Then add the Snowflake Creations Vanilla Icing Mix and the matcha powder.
- Mix together until well combined and then spread over the cooled cake.
More Easy Matcha Recipes To Try:
- Vegan Strawberry Matcha Chia Pudding
- Matcha Baked Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Matcha Peach Smoothie Bowl
- Matcha Gluten-Free Waffles
If you give this easy recipe a try, let me know what you think of it over on my Instagram - I'd love to hear your thoughts! 🙂
Easy Matcha Sheet Cake
- 1 bag Snowflake Creations Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml oil
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250 g butter room-temperature
- 230 g cream cheese
- 1 bag Snowflake Creations Vanilla Icing Mix
- 2 - 3 tsp matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a sheet cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla essence, and milk.
- Add the Snowflake Creations Vanilla Cake Mix and matcha powder.
- Mix together until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared sheet cake pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until cake is completely cooked through.
Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting
- With a mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese together until fluffy and lighter in colour.
- Add the Snowflake Creations Vanilla Icing Mix and matcha powder. Adjust the amount of matcha powder according to your preference.
- Mix together and spread over the cake once it has cooled completely.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!