This Vanilla Raspberry Pannacotta recipe is the most perfect light dessert that is creamy and delicious. Ideal for dinner parties or celebrations.
I have been working from my bed, the kitchen table and any other space I can find for over the past 6 months. And after many back aches, food stains (on my Macbook, OMG) and interruptions, I have FINALLY decided to turn the spare bedroom into a little office/studio. So for now that has meant that I am living on Pinterest finding ideas of how it should look and what I can DIY etc etc. Anyone who follows me on Instagram, knows that I love the white, minimalistic feel, so I really want that to transcend into my workspace. I want it to feel encouraging and stimulating. It is amazing how your environment can really affect your creativity.
In the spirit of clean and white. I have made a simply delicious Vanilla Raspberry Pannacotta. This is actually only my second time making Pannacotta, the first being the Vegan Passionfruit Pannacotta, and I am totally impressed by myself. The smooth and creaminess of the vanilla is so perfectly balanced out with the zesty textured raspberry layer. Aaaah this is definitely my new favourite dessert. It is a very light dessert but so beautifully crafted that you have to pause after every spoonful just to savour the moment.
I always imagine pannacotta to be something only amazing chefs could make. But in fact this Vanilla Raspberry Pannacotta was actually relatively easy to make. It just looks SO amazing, and is perfect for any event or dinner party or simply for yourself ;).
As I mentioned the Vanilla Raspberry Pannacotta isn't difficult to make, but it can be slightly time consuming, only because you have to wait for each layer to set. Other than that it is fairly easy to make and really doesn't require too many ingredients which is always a bonus because there is nothing worse than deciding to make something only to find that you don't own half the ingredients in the recipe.
Vanilla Raspberry Pannacotta
- 2 Sheets/leaves of Gelatin
- 60 g Castor Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 2 Cups Cream
- 1 Cup Cold Water
For the Raspberry Layer:
- 1 ½ Cups Raspberries fresh or frozen
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 ½ Sheets/Leaves Gelatin
- Place gelatin sheets in a bowl with the cold water and allow to sit for 5-10min.
- Meanwile, mix together the cream,sugar and vanilla (seeds scraped from the pod) in a saucepan and allow to simmer.
- Remove the gelatin from the water, squeezing out any excess water.
- Remove the cream mixture from the heat and stir in the gelatin until dissolved and mixed in properly.
- Place glasses in muffin tins (or small bowls) at an angle and pour in the pannacotta mixture.
- Place the muffin tin with the glasses in the fridge and allow to set for atleast 5 hours.
- Place gelatin in the cold water and allow to sit for 5-10min.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into a pot and allow to simmer while stirring for about 10min.
- Remove the gelatin from the cold water and squeeze out any excess water.
- Remove the raspberry mixture from the heat and stir in the gelatin.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then pour it gently over the vanilla layer.
- Place glasses back into the fridge and allow to set overnight.