A classic dessert with a delicious raspberry twist, this easy Raspberry Jelly Panna Cotta recipe is the perfect dessert. Light, creamy, and full of flavor!
Vanilla Panna Cotta with Raspberry Jelly
This showstopper dessert recipe is so much easier than it looks! And it can also be made ahead of time which makes it a great stress-free option for events and parties. I love serving it all year round and it is always a massive hit.
The vanilla panna cotta is rich and creamy and the tart, vibrant raspberry jelly is the perfect addition to it. It is a delicious flavor and texture combination that combines beautifully.
This layered dessert is made with simple ingredients and an uncomplicated method. You can use fresh or frozen raspberries for this recipe so you can make it all year long. And I am sure you are going to want to!
Another delicious raspberry dessert recipe to try out is my Soft Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Buttercream
WHAT IS PANNA COTTA?
Panna Cotta is a classic Italian no-bake dessert. It is a cream-based dessert that can be served, topped, and flavored in various ways.
'Panna cotta' means "cooked cream" in Italian. Traditionally panna cotta uses gelatin as a thickening agent and it requires no baking but refrigeration to set up before serving.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
- Heavy cream. This is what makes the panna cotta so rich, creamy, and luscious.
- Milk. I use whole milk when making this recipe, but you can use any kind of milk.
- Gelatin leaves. The gelatin leaves set the panna cotta to a perfect soft texture.
- Granulated sugar. To add a touch of sweetness to the dessert.
- Vanilla pod. You could also use a tablespoon of vanilla extract instead if you aren't able to use a vanilla pod.
PANNA COTTA FLAVOUR OPTIONS:
Panna cotta is a perfect dessert for carrying different flavors as the cream can be easily adapted and infused. We've used vanilla for this recipe, but you could substitute it with so many different variations. You could try any of the following flavours:
- White chocolate
- Earl Grey
WHAT DOES PANNA COTTA TASTE LIKE?
Panna cotta is a simple, classic dessert that has a smooth, creamy texture and a sweet, milky taste. Classically made with vanilla which enhances its sweet, creamy taste. This no-bake dessert is made with a few simple ingredients that all play an important role in its texture and taste.
There are many different variations available of this classic dessert, with recipes flavoring the cream filling or adding various toppings to it. This will of course alter the taste of the panna cotta which makes it a very versatile dessert.
How to make this panna cotta dairy-free:
To make this recipe lactose or dairy-free, just simply replace the Heavy Cream with dairy-free milk or plant-based cream such as coconut cream (for a slightly different flavour) or soy cream (for a more neutral flavour).
HOW MANY DAYS AHEAD CAN I MAKE PANNA COTTA?
Panna cotta is a great make-ahead dessert! You can prepare this panna cotta in advance and add the toppings when ready to serve. A panna cotta can be made up to three days ahead and then kept in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Panna cotta will actually keep for longer in the fridge, but for the best flavor, serving it within three days is best.
HOW LONG CAN I KEEP PANNA COTTA IN THE FRIDGE?
Panna cotta can be stored in the fridge for up to five days, but for the best flavor, serving it within three days is best.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- The texture of the panna cotta will depend on the amount of gelatin used to make it. I personally like my Panna Cottas to be more soft and creamy, so the amount of gelatin in this recipe is relatively low. If you want a more set jelly-like texture, you can slightly increase the quantity of gelatin.
- The key to getting nice separate layers in this dessert is to let each bottom layer set completely before adding the top layer. Depending on the type of gelatin you use, it should take about 2 to 3 hours in the fridge for each layer to set completely.
More Panna Cotta Recipes To Try
- PANNA COTTA
- 2 Sheets/leaves of Gelatin
- 60 g Castor Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Cold Milk/Water
- RASPBERRY JELLY
- 1 ½ Cups Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 ½ Sheets/Leaves Gelatin
- Place gelatin sheets in a bowl with the cold water and allow to sit for 5-10 min.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cream, sugar and vanilla (seeds scraped from the pod) in a saucepan and allow to simmer.
- Remove the gelatin from the water, squeezing out any excess water.
- Remove the cream mixture from the heat and stir in the gelatin until dissolved and mixed in properly.
- Place glasses in muffin tins (or small bowls) at an angle and pour in the pannacotta mixture.
- Place the muffin tin with the glasses in the fridge and allow to set for at least 3 hours.
- Place gelatin in the cold water and allow it to sit for 5-10 min.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into a pot and allow to simmer while stirring for about 10min.
- Remove the gelatin from the cold water and squeeze out any excess water.
- Remove the raspberry mixture from the heat and stir in the gelatin.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then pour it gently over the vanilla layer.
- Place glasses back into the fridge and allow to set overnight.