This super easy recipe is loaded with tahini and chocolate chips, making these cookies the perfect sweet and salty treat. These chewy, chocolatey, and nutty Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies are definitely going to become your new favourite!
This simple recipe is a delicious take on the classic chocolate chip cookie. These cookies can be easily be made in just one bowl and require minimal cleanup. Yay! I simply whip them up in a few minutes, bake and allow them to cool on my new Kitchen Inspire cooling rack. I love that their cooling rack is a little bigger than the normal ones, that way I'm able to cool my entire batch on one rack!
What Does Tahini Taste Like?
Let's start by talking about this recipe's star ingredient, tahini. Tahini is literally just sesame seeds and water. That's it! Its texture is similar to smooth unsweetened, natural nut butter. Its flavour is nutty and umami — that's why it works so well in so many savoury dishes too, like baba ghanoush and hummus.
How To Make Tahini Cookies
This recipe is a classic cookie recipe. Which means the first step is to cream the sugars, eggs, and butter together in a mixing bowl.
Once this has become light and fluffy, add the tahini and vanilla essence. Mix this together until well combined.
In a separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and combine.
You are then ready to add the dry ingredients to the creamed tahini mixture. Mix this well and then stir in the chocolate chips.
Once your cookie dough is well combined, you can roll out small balls and place them on a lined baking sheet, keeping a decent amount of space between them as they will spread.
Once your baking sheet is full, your Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies are ready to bake! They bake for 13 - 15 minutes at 180C.
Top Tips For Choc Chip Tahini Cookies
- Tahini tends to separate — the oil floats to the top while the rest of the tahini stays at the bottom. For best results, stir the tahini well before adding it to your cookie dough mixture.
- If you don't have any chocolate chips, you can easily use chopped chocolate instead in this recipe. Chunks of chocolate will work just as well!
- This cookie dough can be frozen and saved to bake later. All you need to do is roll out the dough and form it into balls. Then place them on a lined sheet pan and freeze for 1 hour, or until the cookie dough balls are hard enough to be transferred to a zip-lock bag without them losing their shape. Seal the bag and freeze for up to 3 months. They can then be baked whenever you desire, just add 3 minutes to the total bake time!
More Tahini Recipes To Try:
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100 grams butter room temperature
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking power
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Once light and fluffy, mix in the vanilla essence and tahini.
- In a separate bowl, add the sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix together and add to the creamed tahini mixture.
- Combine well and then stir in the chocolate chips
- Roll cookie dough into small balls and place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a 2-inch gap between each cookie as they will spread during baking.
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes, or until cookies are slightly golden brown around the edges.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think of it over on my Instagram! 🙂