This easy and delicious Gluten-Free Browned Butter Oatmeal Skillet cookie with chocolate chunks is the ultimate simple indulgence. Easy to make, healthier and oh so delicious!
After visiting the new Yuppiechef store at Somerset Mall and spending hours browsing through all their beautiful products, I finally settled on buying a skillet. Naturally, the first thing I had to make is a dessert. Obvs.
I've been playing around with gluten-free recipes at the moment and am really loving it. This Gluten-Free Browned Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie has definitely become one of my new favourite gluten-free dessert recipes. It is so incredibly easy to make, it's a one-bowl dessert and is honestly one of the most satisfying desserts I've made in a while.
If you're gluten-intolerant, make sure that your oats are gluten-free. Although oats are naturally gluten-free, some of them are processed in factories that contain gluten. So it's always better to rather be safe than sorry.
Gluten-Free Browned Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- Place the butter in a saucepan and cook for about 5-10min until the butter has browned and created a slightly nutty scent.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF and spray your skillet with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients (except the chocolate).
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the browned butter and both sugars then add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold the chocolate chunks and walnuts into the mixture.
- Spread the batter into the skillet and bake for 15-20 minutes for a chewy cookie.
- Serve with walnuts and ice cream.