A simple grapefruit gin cocktail recipe full of bright flavours from fresh grapefruit and rosewater. This easy Pink Grapefruit Gin Cocktail with rose water is destined to be your new favourite Summer drink! (Mocktail version available)
I was so excited to use Kitchen Inspire's new range of straws when I served up this cocktail recently. Not only do they look great, but I've been trying to go as plastic-free as possible this year so they are perfect for my lifestyle too!
But on to the cocktail! This Rose & Grapefruit Gin drink is really easy to make and has just a few ingredients. They come together to make the most delish fruity and floral drink ever!
Ingredients in this pink grapefruit gin cocktail:
This Rose & Grapefruit Gin Cocktail is simplicity at its best. It is an easy 4-ingredient recipe, but it really packs a punch! The simple and beautiful fruit and floral flavours in this drink really shine.
- Gin: There are so many amazing gins available and you can use whichever one you prefer and the amount you prefer. It is also a great non-alcoholic cocktail if you leave out the gin entirely!
- Rosewater: This stuff can be quite strong so be careful when adding it - but definitely don't be too shy as it adds the most beautiful flavour to the drink.
- Grapefruit: The grapefruit flavour works so well with the rose and gin in this cocktail. Truly a winning combo!
- Pink tonic water: Pink tonic water really does work best in this drink and I highly recommend using it, but plain tonic water would get the job done too!
How to make a Pink Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
To make this cocktail you will need a cocktail shaker. The first step would be to fill it with the gin, rosewater, and pieces of chopped grapefruit. This then needs to be shaken up well to mix up all those yummy flavours!
The next step would be to prepare the glasses. Fill two serving glasses (or more if you are increasing this recipe) with ice and slices of grapefruit. I also added rose petals to my glasses which was oh-so-pretty!
Once the glasses are prepared you can pour over the gin mixture. This is then topped with the pretty pink tonic and you are then ready to enjoy the best gin cocktail ever! 🙂
How to make a gin mocktail
To turn this gin cocktail into a mocktail, simply leave out the gin from the recipe. The drink will still be full of flavor and absolutely delicious. You can also replace the gin with your favorite non-alcoholic gin to create a delicious mocktail version.
More cocktail recipes you may like:
- Strawberry Champagne Cocktail
- Japanese Iced Tea
- Pineapple & Ginger Cocktail
- Fig & Thyme Gin Cocktail
- Grapefruit Thyme Champagne Cocktail
Rose & Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
- 4 shots gin (omit for a non-alcoholic mocktail)
- 1 - 2 tsp rose water
- ½ grapefruit roughly chopped
- 400 ml pink tonic water
- grapefruit slices
- In a cocktail shaker, add the gin, grapefruit pieces, and rose water.
- Shake well.
- Fill two glasses with ice, a slice of grapefruit and a few rose petals.
- Divide the cocktail mixture between the two glasses.
- Fill each glass with pink tonic.
How to make a mocktail versionTo turn this gin cocktail into a mocktail, simply leave out the gin from the recipe. The drink will still be full of flavor and absolutely delicious. You can also replace the gin with your favorite non-alcoholic gin to create a delicious mocktail version.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think of it over on my Instagram. I'd love to hear your thoughts!