This 5 ingredient Pineapple Gin & Ginger Beer Cocktail recipe is the perfect combination of fresh and spicy. With pineapple juice, ginger beer and a splash of gin, this cocktail is the perfect spin on a classic Gin & Tonic or even a Moscow mule.
What is a gin & ginger cocktail?
It's as simple as the name states. A cocktail that includes gin and ginger. An easy version of this can simply be combining gin with ginger beer or even ginger ale. On lazy days after a hard days work, this is a go-to wind down drink for me. For this cocktail recipe I've spiced things up a little with the addition of pineapple juice and thyme sprigs.
- Pineapple Juice - If you don't have pineapple juice on hand, try mango or passion fruit juice.
- Ginger beer - This gives this cocktail recipe it's signature spicy fizz.
- Gin - This can be substituted for rum. Pineapple rum cocktails are definitely high on my list too.
- Thyme sprigs - Substitute this with rosemary or sage. Both look and taste beautiful.
- Fresh ginger - Because you can never have enough ginger. This can be left out if you don't have fresh ginger at home.
How To Make This Cocktail
- Combine the pineapple juice, fresh ginger and gin in a cocktail shaker and give it a good shake.
- Fill two glasses with ice. Add as much as you like.
- Pour the pineapple mixture over the ice and top with ginger beer.
- Serve with sprigs of thyme.
This is an incredibly simple cocktail which also means it is super easy to transform this cocktail into just about anything.
Change up the juice - Not in the mood for pineapple? Swap out the pineapple juice for your favorite juice. I love using mango juice.
Swap out the gin - Some days if I don't have gin in my home or simply feel like something else, I will use rum or tequila to make this pineapple fizz recipe.
Don't have thyme? - Use sprigs of rosemary instead. It'll give it a slightly different flavor and look oh so beautiful.
Different types of gin
- London Dry Gin - With a strong juniper taste this type of gin is definitely the most popular gin at the moment.
- Plymouth Gin - This gin is a even dryer than London Dry Gin and has a slightly spicier flavor.
- Old Tom Gin - With added liquorice, this type of gin is slightly sweeter than your typical gins.
- Genever Gin - This is the OG gin. The first gin, that comes from The Netherlands. It is sweet and aromatic and is often used in cocktails that are richer.
To learn a little more about the 9 different types of gin, head over HERE.
Any gin will work well with ginger ale or ginger beer, but typically a dry gin works best. It balances out the sweetness of the ginger.
Pineapple juice is the perfect mixer for most clear alcohol. With it's sweet taste, it helps to mask the strong taste of alcohol.
No, you do not need a cocktail shaker to make this pineapple gin and ginger cocktail. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a small jug or glass beaker instead of using a cocktail shaker.
Other cocktail recipes worth trying
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup ginger beer
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 50 ml gin (or rum)
- 1 inch fresh ginger sliced
- ice cubes
Fill two glasses with ice cubes.
Mix the pineapple juice, fresh ginger, and rum together in a cocktail shaker and mix well.
Divide the pineapple mixture between the two glasses.
Top with ginger beer.
Serve with a sprig of fresh thyme.