This sweet and fruity Strawberry Champagne Cocktail is deliciously refreshing. Made with fresh strawberries and lots of mint and ice, it is the perfect summer cocktail. I can't think of a better way to stay cool this summer!
More of my Champagne Cocktails
I love using fruit in my cocktails. It always adds so much natural flavour and sweetness to the drink. And when combined with the crisp bubbles of champagne, it is pure perfection!
Another great example of fruit and champagne creating something beautiful together is my Grapefruit Thyme Champagne Cocktail. This cocktail is super delish and also super easy to make. Fruit and champagne make the perfect partners in cocktail recipes!
Which Champagne Should You Use for Champagne Cocktails?
There are so many different types of champagne cocktail recipes out there and each will have their own specific requirements. For example, pink champagne cocktails will probably use very different champagne to a classic champagne cocktail. For this Strawberry Champagne Cocktail, dry, white champagne works best - but this can be substituted for a different variety if preferred. I used non-alcoholic champagne (Robertsons Winery non-alcoholic Dry Sparkling White) to transform this recipe into a non-alcoholic cocktail and it was delish!
How to Make Strawberry Champagne Cocktails:
This is a simple recipe that takes a little bit of preparation and can then be thrown together in minutes. To make the strawberry syrup you will need to simmer the strawberries, sugar, and water together for 15 minutes or until a thick syrupy consistency is reached. Once this syrup is ready it is then cooled and strained. It can then be added to a cocktail shaker, along with the mint and lemon. This is then shaken together, strained, and divided between four glasses. Fill each glass with ice and top with champagne. Serve with more fresh mint and enjoy!
Adjust it to your liking
If you would prefer a less sweet cocktail you can reduce the amount of sugar and water added to the syrup or add more lemon to the cocktail. Using non-alcoholic champagne or sparkling wine works perfectly - I have tried it both ways and both are equally as amazing!
Top Tips for Making a Strawberry Champagne Cocktail:
- Don't overcook the strawberry syrup, otherwise, it will be too thick and won't combine as well in the drink
- Make sure the strawberry syrup is entirely cooled before using - you don't want it making your refreshing cocktail warm!
- Serve with fresh mint for an extra boost of fresh flavour and prettiness.
More cocktail recipes you may like:
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think of it over on my Instagram :)
Strawberry Champagne Cocktail
- 250 grams strawberries quartered
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 500 ml champagne
- 5 sprigs mint
- ½ a lemon sliced
- ice cubes
- To make the strawberry syrup, place the strawberries, sugar, and water in a small pan.
- Simmer over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Strain the strawberry syrup and add it to a cocktail shaker.
- Add the mint sprigs and lemon slices and shake together well.
- Strain and divide between four glasses filled with ice.
- Top with champagne and more mint and enjoy!