A homemade Crunchy Cinnamon Peanut Free Granola recipe that is easy to make and flavorful. Made with nutritious ingredients, this cinnamon granola is the perfect healthy snack or breakfast.
(Vegan, High-Protein, & Sugar-Free)
Crunchy Homemade Cinnamon Granola (without peanuts)
This homemade cinnamon-spiced granola is full of healthy ingredients that taste delicious. It is made with oats, nuts (but no peanuts!), seeds, and ground spices, which are all baked together to make yummy, crunchy granola.
This crunchy cinnamon granola is extremely versatile and can be served in a variety of ways, such as with yogurt or milk, fresh fruit, or sprinkled over smoothie bowls. I love making a big batch of cinnamon granola and then storing it in an airtight container to enjoy all week long.
This nutty granola is high in protein which keeps you feeling full and satisfied for a long time. It is also full of healthy fats and fibre! This crunchy granola recipe is sugar-free and vegan and is a great meal-prep option.
Looking for another delicious granola recipe? Check out my tasty Banana Bread Granola!
Ingredients & Notes
This easy granola recipe is full of nutritious ingredients with many health benefits. It is a vegan granola recipe that is sugar-free, high in protein, and full of delicious sweet spices. The ingredients you will need are:
- Rolled oats: Adds protein and fibre to this granola. You could use steel cut oats, but I prefer to use traditional old-fashioned rolled oats to give the granola a delicious texture.
- Almonds: Full of healthy fats and protein that adds a delicious nutty flavor.
- Sunflower seeds: For some extra nutrients and crunch.
- Spices: This granola is mostly flavored with ground cinnamon but there is also a bit of ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground all-spice.
- Coconut flakes and oil: Adds yummy texture and flavor - along with healthy fats. The coconut oil helps to keep the granola crisp and crunchy and create clumps.
- Maple syrup/honey: Either works well depending on your dietary needs. You could also use agave syrup instead if desired.
- Vanilla extract: This adds yummy sweet flavor and enhances the taste of the granola.
- Oat flour: For even more crunchy texture and fibre.
- Chocolate chips - I like dark chocolate but you can also use milk or white choc chips.
- Hemp seeds
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Extra nuts
- Dried fruit
Tools needed to make this recipe
This crunchy spiced granola recipe requires a few items of kitchen equipment that will help to make the process quick and easy. What you will need:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Chopping knife to roughly chop the almonds
- A large baking sheet
- Parchment paper / baking paper
- A large mixing bowl and a small one
- Wooden spoon
How to make Crunchy Cinnamon Peanut Free Granola
This is a simple granola recipe that is easy to make and bakes for just 30 minutes. Making homemade granola is quick and easy, and it is a great way to fill your body with nutrients. To make homemade crunchy cinnamon granola, follow these simple steps:
Prepare oven and baking tray. Preheat your oven to 150ºC/300F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Combine dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix together until well combined.
Add wet ingredients. Once well combined, add the wet ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are coated and combined.
Place on a baking tray. Spread the granola mixture into an even layer on the prepared baking tray using a spatula.
Bake. Place the tray in the centre of the oven and bake for at least 30 minutes or until golden brown. Stir the mixture halfway through to ensure an even bake.
Serve or store. Allow the granola to cool and enjoy with fruit, yogurt, or milk. Alternatively, store the granola in an airtight container for later use.
How long can you store homemade granola?
If stored correctly, homemade granola can last up to 6 months without going bad. The granola should be stored in an airtight container, in a cool, dry spot. Ideally, it is best to eat your granola within two weeks to enjoy it at its most fresh and crunchy.
How do you make granola crunchy?
There are a few ways to make granola crunchy. One of these ways is by baking the granola in a thin layer. Don't pile up the granola when baking it, rather use two baking trays if need be.
Baking your homemade granola at a lower temperature is also key to achieving crunchy granola. High oven temperatures can cause ingredients like nuts, seeds, and coconut to burn before the granola has properly dried out and crisped.
That is also why stirring your granola halfway through cooking is so important - it allows the granola to bake evenly so that the end result is a batch of crunchy and golden granola.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon all-spice (optional)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare oven and baking tray. Preheat your oven to 150ºC/300F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients. Once well combined, add the wet ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are coated and combined.
- Place on a baking tray. Spread the granola mixture into an even layer on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake. Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake for at least 30 minutes or until golden brown. Stir the mixture halfway through.
- Serve or store. Allow the granola to cool and enjoy with fruit, yogurt, or milk. Alternatively, store the granola in an airtight container for later use.
If stored correctly, homemade granola can last up to 6 months without going bad. Granola should be stored in an airtight container, in a cool, dry spot.