A refreshing Iced Peach Green Tea recipe that is perfect for Summer days. This delicious and healthy drink is full of natural peach flavor from real fruit.
Another delicious, healthy drink to try this summer is my Easy Matcha Lemonade recipe!
Peach ice green tea
If you love the popular Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade drink from Starbucks then you are going to love this homemade ice tea. It is just as delicious and refreshing - as well as healthier, cheaper, and you don't need to leave the house.
Fruit and tea is a classic combination - especially served cold in the summer months. This light and fruity peach green tea recipe is easy to make at home and enjoy all summer long.
Why you will love this recipe
- Perfect Summer drink. This ice tea is refreshing, fruity, sweet, and chilled. Everything you want for summer!
- Refined sugar-free. This healthy drink is free of refined sugars as it is sweetened with fruit and honey.
- Full of real, fresh flavor. This recipe uses fresh fruit for real peach flavor. Nothing artificial here!
Ingredients you'll need
- Green tea bags. Use your favorite, good quality green tea.
- Fresh peach. Adds natural peach flavor. Use sweet, ripe peaches for best results.
- Sweetener. I use honey but you could also sweeten your tea with maple syrup, agave syrup, or any other preferred sweetener.
- Lemon juice. Balances the flavors and keeps the drink fresh and zesty.
- Ice cubes. Makes the tea deliciously cold and refreshing.
I like to add chopped fresh fruit to my peach green tea. You could add strawberries, orange slices, lemon slices, apples, and even more fresh peach.
This ice tea is also delicious served with fresh mint.
Step by step instructions
Bring the water to a boil in a small pot over medium-high heat.
Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low. Add the green tea bags, half the peaches, lemon juice, and honey. Taste and adjust sweetness according to preference.
Allow to gently simmer for five minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to reach room temperature.
Strain the mixture and pour it into a jar or jug and add the remaining peaches. Keep refrigerated until ready for serving. Fill glasses with ice cubes and top with the peach green tea, along with any other fresh fruit or mint you like.
How much caffeine is in peach green tea?
The caffeine content of peach green tea comes from the green tea. Typically each green tea bag contains 25 - 50mg of caffeine depending on the tea brand.
Is peach green tea healthy?
Yes! Peach green tea is full of vitamins and antioxidants from the healthy ingredients that make up the drink - green tea, peaches, honey, and lemon juice. All the ingredients are natural and nutrient-rich. Peach green tea is also low in calories, naturally sweetened, and is a healthy boost of caffeine.
How long can you store peach green tea?
You can store this peach green tea in a fridge for up to five days. Just fill a glass with ice cubes and top with the tea whenever you are ready to enjoy!
More peach recipes to try:
- Easy Banana Peach Smoothie Without Yogurt
- Peach & Apricot Chia Pudding
- Peach & Passionfruit Yogurt Fruit Bowl
- Matcha Peach Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups water
- 3 green tea bags
- 2 peaches, destoned and sliced (divided)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tbsp honey (or any other preferred sweetener)
- ice cubes for serving
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low. Add the green tea bags, half the peaches, lemon juice, and honey. Taste and adjust sweetness according to preference.
- Allow to gently simmer for five minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to reach room temperature.
- Strain the mixture and pour it into a jar or jug and add the remaining peaches. Keep refrigerated until ready for serving. Fill glasses with ice cubes and top with the peach green tea, along with any other fresh fruit or mint you like.
The peach green tea can be stored in the fridge for up to five days.