This easy Peach & Apricot Chia Pudding has yummy layers of granola, creamy chia pudding, fruit compote, and yoghurt. It is a simple and delicious breakfast, dessert, or snack option!
Why You Will Love This Chia Pudding Recipe
This chia pudding recipe is one of my favourites and for so many reasons! It is so simple to make - pretty much foolproof in fact! This recipe is a delicious combination of textures and flavours. It is perfect as a yummy breakfast, snack, or dessert.
This recipe uses delicious dried fruit so it can be made at any time of the year - how great is that! I am a massive fan of dried fruit so I was very excited to make this recipe in partnership with Dried Fruit South Africa.
Using dried fruit in recipes is an easy way to add delicious flavour and nutrients. I've loved playing with dried fruit in recipes in different ways. I've been incorporating it into more modern recipes (hello, chia pudding) and it's been an absolute game changer. I'm thinking of overnight oats with dried apples next!
How To Make Peach & Apricot Chia Pudding
This easy and yummy recipe has simple layers of granola, chia pudding, dried fruit compote, and yoghurt.
To make the chia pudding mixture, combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Once well combined, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
To make the peach and apricot compote, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. The longer the mixture is cooked the thicker it will become, so cook until your preferred consistency is reached.
Once all the chia pudding elements are ready, assemble the chia puddings by layering the granola, chia mixture, dried fruit compote, and yoghurt in serving glasses, and then enjoy!
HOW LONG CAN YOU STORE PEACH AND APRICOT CHIA PUDDING FOR?
This Peach & Apricot Chia Pudding can easily be stored in the fridge for about a week. So whip up a big batch and enjoy it all week long - you won't be disappointed!
You can store this chia pudding by sealing its various elements in separate airtight containers and then assemble it afresh each time the craving hits.
Peach & Apricot Chia Pudding
- 1 small saucepan
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
Peach & Apricot Compote
- 125 grams dried peaches chopped
- 125 grams dried apricot chopped
- 125 ml sugar
- 250 ml water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chia seeds, coconut milk, and honey.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Peach & Apricot Compote
- Add all the compote ingredients to a small saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes, depending on the consistency you prefer. You can add a little extra water for a runnier consistency too.
- Once you are ready to serve, add some granola to 2 - 4 serving glasses - add however much you prefer!
- Top the granola with the chia pudding mixture.
- Add a layer of peach and apricot compote on top of the chia mixture.
- Place a dollop of yoghurt on top and enjoy!
If you give this yummy chia recipe a try, let me know what you think of it over on my Instagram 🙂