Keto Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Cheese is an easy side dish that will leave everyone wanting more! Crisp sautéed brussels sprouts and smokey bacon are oven-baked in a creamy garlic sauce topped with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
(keto-friendly and gluten-free)
Garlic Cheese Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
This cheesy Brussels Sprouts recipe is a delicious quick and easy side dish for the holidays. It is creamy and indulgent and will turn anyone into a sprout lover!
This Brussels sprouts recipe is keto friendly and naturally gluten-free. The Brussel Sprouts and bacon are sauteed with garlic to give the dish a delicious deep savory flavor which pairs perfectly with the creamy sauce and cheesy golden topping.
Looking for another tasty Fall vegetable side dish? Check out my Easy Crack Green Beans!
Are brussels sprouts good for you?
Brussels sprouts are high in fiber and antioxidants. They also contain many vitamins and minerals. This is why Brussels sprouts are good for you and are a great nutritious addition to your diet. The health benefits of Brussels sprouts include the potential to reduce the risk of cancer, decrease inflammation, and improve blood sugar control.
Are Brussels Sprouts Keto?
Yes! Brussels sprouts are low in carbs and high in fibre and so they can be enjoyed when following a Keto diet. This keto-friendly vegetable is low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Brussels sprouts are also a good source of protein, iron, and potassium.
Because of their nutritional value, sprouts are a healthy food choice to incorporate into your diet. A half-cup of Brussels Sprouts contains 6g carbs with 2g of fibre, which equals 4g net carbs.
What You Will Need To Make Cheesy Keto Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Cheese
This recipe uses 10 simple ingredients to make a flavorful, creamy, and satisfying dish. The ingredients are all pantry-staples and easy to find at a store. This well-balanced dish is full of flavorful ingredients that are easy to cook.
Ingredients & Notes
- Bacon. Crisp bacon gets stirred through the creamy sauce to give delicious smokey bacon flavor.
- Butter. This is used for cooking.
- Garlic. Lots of delicious garlic flavor. Fresh is best when it comes to garlic!
- Brussels sprouts. The star of the show! Brussels sprouts have many health benefits and so they add a lot of nutrients to this dish.
- Seasonings. Salt, pepper, onion powder, and dried parsley.
- Heavy cream. To make a rich, creamy sauce.
- Mozzarella. Adds yummy golden cheesiness to the dish.
- Parmesan Cheese. For some extra rich, cheesy flavor. Parmesan and brussels sprouts are a delicious flavor combination!
I like to garnish my cheesy brussels sprouts with chopped fresh parsley, but this garnish suggestion is completely optional.
How To Make Cheesy Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
This creamy Brussels sprouts recipe is an easy one-pot dish that is simple to make. It is ready in just 40 minutes and can be enjoyed as a side dish or a meal on its own. Follow the simple steps below to make this tasty dish!
Prepare oven. Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
Cook bacon. In a skillet over high heat, add the chopped bacon and fry until golden and crispy.
Remove bacon. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the skillet leaving behind the bacon grease. Place the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate for later use.
Sautee the Brussels sprouts and garlic. Lower heat to medium-high heat and add the butter to the skillet. Allow the butter to melt and then add Brussels sprouts and garlic. Sautee until golden and tender - about 3 minutes.
Add the seasoning. Once the Brussels sprouts are tender and golden, add the salt, pepper, onion powder, and dried parsley. Mix to combine.
Add the cream and bacon. Lower the heat and add the heavy cream and prepared bacon. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Top with cheese. Sprinkle over the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Bake. Place the skillet in the centre of the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
(optional) Broil. You can broil the dish for 5 minutes if you prefer a more golden cheese topping.
Serve. This dish is best served warm. An optional garnish is fresh chopped parsley.
How to trim Brussel Sprouts:
Fresh Brussel Sprouts have a hard little piece of stem at their base. To trim the brussel sprout, take a sharp kitchen knife and carefully cut off the bottom stem. Also, remove any loose outer leaves and then slice them in half. A few other outer leaves may fall off during the cooking process but that is completely fine.
MAKING BRUSSELS SPROUTS GRATIN AHEAD OF TIME
I love that this recipe can be made ahead of time, it is perfect for the holidays! To reheat your cheesy sprouts, simply place them in the oven and bake at 350°F, uncovered, until warm throughout. This should take about 12 - 15 minutes.
Any leftovers should be refrigerated in an airtight container and consumed within 3 days for best results.
- 200g bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 700g brussels sprouts, halved and ends trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Remove bacon. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the skillet leaving behind the bacon grease. Place the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate for later use.
- Sautee the Brussel sprouts and garlic. Lower heat to a medium-high heat and add the butter to the skillet. Allow the butter to melt and then add Brussels sprouts and garlic. Sautee until golden and tender - about 3 minutes.
- Add the seasoning. Once the Brussel sprouts are tender and golden, add the salt, pepper, onion powder, and dried parsley. Mix to combine.
- Add the cream and bacon. Lower the heat and add the heavy cream and prepared bacon. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese. Sprinkle over the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake. Place the skillet in the center of the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- (optional) Broil. You can broil the dish for 5 minutes if you prefer a more golden cheese topping.
- Serve. This dish is best served warm. An optional garnish is fresh chopped parsley.