Ready for some homemade Vegan Cream Cheese? This easy 5-ingredient plant-based cream cheese alternative is super smooth and rich and can be used for all types of sweet and savoury recipes.
Why You Will Love This Cream Cheese Recipe
This simple Vegan Cream Cheese can be made in your blender in less than 5 minutes. And the end result is incredibly creamy, smooth, and spreadable. You'll be wanting to add this plain cream cheese to every recipe and spread it over any and every cracker or sandwich. Even better, whip up a batch of vegan cream cheese frosting using this delicious vegan cashew cream cheese.
- Entirely plant-based
- Thick, creamy, and tangy
- Made with only 5 simple ingredients
- Can be substituted for cream cheese in any recipe
- Healthier than standard cream cheese
- A super simple recipe that is easy to make
How To Make Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese
Making homemade cream cheese is such a simple thing! Although the soaking process requires some patience, the rest of the recipe takes no time at all. It is just four easy steps to make this cream cheese:
- Soak the cashews in hot water for at least one hour.
- Drain the cashews and place them in a blender.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, vinegar, and coconut cream.
- Blend together until smooth and creamy.
How To Store Cashew Cream Cheese
This yummy Cashew Cream Cheese will last for up to five days covered in a fridge. It can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
This is the dreamy vegan cashew cream cheese recipe I have been searching for! I LOVE using cream cheese in my cooking and baking. It always adds the greatest texture and creaminess to a recipe. And now, having a great vegan alternative I can turn to is a complete game-changer.
So far it has worked perfectly in every recipe I have tried it in. I have a bunch of super delish recipes that include cream cheese on the blog, so whip up a batch of creamy vegan cream cheese and give one a try! And if you do, let me know what you think of it over on my Instagram :)
Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 High-speed blender
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white vinegar
- Soak cashews in hot water for one hour.
- Drain cashews and place in a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.