A Spiced Apple Cocktail that is full of warm spices, ginger flavor, and a dash of vodka or rum. This delicious ginger and apple cocktail is the perfect celebration of fall flavors!
Why you will love this apple and ginger cocktail
This easy Fall cocktail is packed full of delicious flavors, from apple to cinnamon to ginger. This spiced cocktail is incredibly tasty and not too sweet. It is easy to make and the ginger syrup can easily be made in advance and stored for convenience.
This apple cocktail is a great celebration of Fall flavors! It is a great way to enjoy the flavors of spiced apples and ginger. This is a warming cocktail that can be made with rum or vodka depending on your preference.
If you are a fan of ginger in your cocktails, be sure to also check out my Creamy Gingerbread Cocktail!
What You Will Need To Make This Spiced Apple Ginger Cocktail
This spiced Fall cocktail is easy to make with simple ingredients. It uses apple juice as the base of the cocktail and then lots of spices and apple flavor are added to it. To make this cocktail you will need:
- Apple: Any kind of apple will work for this recipe so use your favourite!
- Granulated sugar: For a touch of sweetness, but it can be omitted if you prefer a less sweet cocktail.
- Apple juice: Adds lots of delicious apple flavor and sweetness.
- Fresh thyme: To add a hint of yummy thyme flavor. I also used fresh thyme to garnish my cocktails!
- Cinnamon stick: For some warm spiced flavor.
- Fresh lemon juice: Balances out the sweetness and adds some delicious zesty flavor.
- Vodka or rum: Depends on your preference, and the amount can be adjusted according to your taste.
- Ginger cordial (or ginger syrup): To add a yummy kick of sweet ginger flavor.
How To Make This Spiced Cocktail with Apple Juice
This is an easy apple cocktail recipe to make, and it can easily be doubled or multiplied if need be. The apple juice mixture can be made in advance for convenience. This Fall cocktail is simple to whip together. To make this cocktail:
- Simmer. In a small saucepan, simmer the chopped apple, sugar, apple juice, fresh thyme, and cinnamon together for 15 - 20 minutes. This can be prepared in advanced if desired.
- Cool. Allow the apple juice mixture to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine in cocktail shaker. Once the apple juice mixture has cooled, it can be strained into a cocktail shaker. Then add the fresh lemon juice, vodka, and ginger simple syrup and shake together.
- Serve. Once combined, pour the cocktail into serving glasses and garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.
What alcohol goes best with apple?
This cocktail recipe is made with vodka or rum, but it can also be made using whiskey or bourbon. These types of alcohol work best with warm spicy flavors along with the apple flavor. For more refreshing and vibrant apple cocktails, tequila and sparkling wine also pair well with the flavor of apple.
Optional recipe alterations
- The alcohol in this recipe can be left out. This cocktail can easily be turned into a mocktail by omitting the vodka and rum. This will still be a delicious drink without the alcohol.
- The vodka/rum can be substituted for other alcohol. I have made these cocktails with vodka and with rum, but borboun or whiskey will also work well with they spiced apple flavor.
- You can rather use a ginger syrup. The cordial in this cocktail recipe can be substituted with a ginger simple syrup and will have the same effect.
- You can make it less sweet. If you perefer a less sweet cocktail, you can omit the granulated sugar or lessen the amount used.
More cocktail recipes to try:
- Frozen Pineapple Margarita
- Zesty Champagne Mojito
- Zesty Brandy Cocktail
- Rose & Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
- Blueberry Gin Cocktail
- 1 apple, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (plus extra for garnish)
- 250ml apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 60ml granulated sugar
- 90ml vodka (or rum or whiskey)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 60ml ginger cordial (or ginger simple syrup)
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, add the apple, sugar, thyme, cinnamon, and apple juice.
- Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes and then allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, strain into a cocktail shaker and add the lemon juice, vodka, and ginger cordial.
- Mix together and pour into two serving glasses.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and enjoy!
Recipe can be doubled or multiplied.
Amount of sugar can be altered depending on preference.
Any type of apple will work so use your favourite!
I made this post in collaboration with Roses Cordial.