This 10 ingredient easy gluten-free oatmeal peanut butter oatmeal cookies is packed with protein, has a vegan option and are thick and chewy. The softest peanut butter oatmeal cookies that will have the whole family begging for more.
Healthy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
If you're a fan of soft, chewy oatmeal cookies this healthier oatmeal cookie recipe will soon become your favorite cookie recipe. Made with gluten-free rolled oats, peanut butter and coconut oil, they will become a winner for a snack or even breakfast.
These simple peanut butter oatmeal cookies are great for those on-the-go mornings as well as for meal-prep. Filled with nutritious ingredients, they are definitely going to keep you full all morning.
I love making breakfasts, desserts and snacks with peanut butter. Not only does peanut butter add a dash of flavor but it gives your snacks an extra boost of protein and healthy fats.
Why You Will Love These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
These yummy oatmeal choc chip cookies have a crisp edge with a soft centre and enough chewy texture that they don’t immediately break when you bend them.
- Super soft and chewy
- Hearty and healthy
- Full of chocolate chips!
- Packed with protein
What makes these easy peanut butter oatmeal cookies healthy
- Packed with protein - peanut butter contains up to 25g of protein per 100g. So this will definitely give your daily protein intake a boost.
- Gluten-Free - Made with gluten-free rolled oats, these oatmeal cookies are perfect for those with gluten intolerances.
- Refined sugar free - I used coconut sugar to make these simple oatmeal cookies to keep it healthier as well as to add a rich flavor.
- Dairy-free - This recipe contains no butter, making it the perfect dairy-free cookie.
What can I substitute for brown sugar in oatmeal cookies
Coconut sugar is a fantastic healthier option for not just oatmeal cookies but all chewy cookies. I love using coconut sugar in choc-chip cookies as well. Other alternatives include using maple syrup, honey or even agave nectar.
How to make these oatmeal cookies vegan
This gluten-free peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe is perfect for a vegan snack. Simply swop the egg for a flax egg. Flax eggs are a great vegan alternative for any and all baking recipes. They act in the same way as an egg and you definitely won't be able to taste the difference. All you need to make a flax egg is some ground flax seeds and a little water.
How To Make Easy Choc Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This classic cookie recipe is super easy to make with just a few standard pantry ingredients. To make these yummy vegan cookies follow these easy instructions:
- In a small saucepan, melt the peanut butter and coconut oil together.
- Allow the peanut butter mixture to cool slightly and then whisk in both sugars, vanilla, and eggs.
- Mix in the oats, flour, salt, and baking soda until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls and place on a lined baking tray and cover with cling wrap.
- Place the cookie balls in the fridge for at least 2 hours before baking.
- Remove the cling wrap and bake for 10-12 min at 180ºC/350ºF.
How to store these peanut butter oatmeal cookies
These simple cookies are great to make ahead to bake later. To freeze the dough, simply whip up a batch of cookie dough. Roll the dough into balls, place it on a baking sheet and freeze overnight. At this point you can place the dough balls in a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months.
Once you're ready to bake these gluten-free peanut butter oatmeal cookies, remove them from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly. Then bake the cookies as usual and enjoy.
Once baked, these simple oatmeal cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
More Easy Cookie Recipes To Try:
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten-Free Browned Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie
Healthy Double Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Ganache Cookie Sandwiches
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Choc-Chip Oatmeal Cookies
The softest peanut butter oatmeal cookies that will have the whole family begging for more.
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil melted
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs or flax eggs
- ¾ Cup Brown/Coconut Sugar
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar or more coconut sugar/xylitol
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 ¼ Cup Gluten-Free Flour/Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips
- In a small saucepan, melt together the peanut butter and coconut oil and mix well.
- Allow the peanut butter mixture to cool slightly and then whisk in both sugars, vanilla essence, and eggs.
- Mix in the oats, flour, salt and baking soda until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a lined baking tray and cover with cling wrap.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before baking.
- Remove cling wrap and bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 180ºC/350ºF.
Allowing the dough to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours will ensure that the cookies spread less.
Leave a Reply