This easy Pancake Cereal recipe is a fun take on a traditional breakfast. It is so yummy and fun to make that it is destined to become your family's new favorite breakfast or brunch!
To me, breakfast is the best part of any morning. And some days deserve an extra special breakfast. Which is exactly what this recipe is!
It is a great way to have a little fun in the morning making tiny mini pancakes that are super yummy. And thanks to Snowflake's amazing Easy Mixes, the delicious batter can be whipped up in no time at all!
What Is Pancake Cereal?
Pancake Cereal started as a food trend on social media and became super popular. This is because it is so fun to make and delicious to eat!
There are many different varieties but pancake cereal is essentially just mini pancakes served in a bowl, like cereal. So it is perfect for kids and adults alike!
How To Make Pancake Cereal
Making Pancake Cereal starts the same way any pancake recipe starts - by making the batter!
Once the batter is all made, transfer it to a piping bag, a zip-lock bag with the corner snipped off, or a squeeze bottle. Whatever you use, just make sure the hole is tiny so that you can squeeze out small amounts of batter.
The next step would be to heat up a greased non-stick pan over a medium heat. Then pipe onto it small blobs of pancake batter. You can make them as mini or big as you like - it is completely up to you!
The pancakes cook quickly so once you see bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancakes it is time to start flipping!
Once they are all flipped, cook the other side until golden brown and then transfer the mini pancakes into a cereal bowl.
Repeat this process until you have used up all the batter and then enjoy your pancake cereal with whichever toppings you desire.
How To Store Leftover Pancakes
Any leftover pancakes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 - 3 days. To reheat them you can pop them in a warm oven for 5 minutes, or in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Alternatively, just enjoy them cold!
If you give this fun pancake cereal recipe a try, let me know what you think of it over on my Instagram. I'd love to hear your thoughts 🙂
- 250 grams Pancake Mix
- 1 egg
- 15 ml oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Banana slices
- Honey or syrup
- In a mixing bowl, add the egg, oil, vanilla essence, and milk/water.
- Whisk together and then add the Snowflake Easy Mix Pancake Mix and baking powder.
- Whisk together until a smooth batter is formed.
- Transfer the pancake batter to a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off.
- Heat up a greased pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add small amounts of the batter to the pan and allow to cook.
- Flip each mini pancake once golden brown and cook the other side.
- Once all the mini pancakes are golden brown on both sides, transfer to a cereal bowl.
- Add any desired toppings.
- Pour over cold milk and enjoy!