An easy recipe for a tasty Homemade Iced Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte. This delicious drink combines pumpkin, espresso, milk, and chai spices to create the perfect Fall drink!
Love Chai Drinks? Check out my Chai Spiced Hot Chocolate
Homemade Pumpkin Iced Chai Latte
It is so easy to make a delicious Iced Pumpkin Chai Tea Latte at home! This recipe only takes a few minutes to make and uses simple, pantry-staple ingredients to make a tasty drink you won't want to put down.
Ready in just five minutes, this pumpkin latte is made with items you already have at home or can easily find in a grocery store with no need to make or buy any fancy sauces or syrups.
This latte is a true celebration of all things Fall. It is a tasty combination of pumpkin, warm spices, and maple syrup. And not to forget the coffee to give you a delicious boost!
So if you are looking for a deliciously spiced pumpkin iced latte this Fall, then this is the recipe for you! It is creamy, sweet, and full of pumpkin flavor with a kick of caffeine - the perfect drink to sip on all day!
Ingredients & Notes
- Espresso (or strongly-brewed coffee). Use any light or dark roasted coffee you like best to make your espresso.
- Milk. You can use any kind of milk you like - dairy or non-dairy. I like to use whole milk or oat milk for a vegan version of the drink.
- Pumpkin purée. You could also use pumpkin pie filling instead but this may alter the amount of sweetness and spice in the drink. You can use canned pumpkin puree or homemade - whichever you prefer. You can find a recipe for homemade pumpkin puree here!
- Maple syrup. You could also use agave syrup - but the maple flavor combines so well with the spices and pumpkin.
- Vanilla extract. This enhances the flavor of the latte and gives it a delicious vanilla flavor.
- Chai spice mix. Store-bought or homemade is fine. You can make your own homemade chai spice mix by combining ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- Whipped cream (optional). For a vegan latte, you can top your drink with whipped coconut cream instead or vegan whipped cream.
This latte recipe includes espresso as an ingredient. If you don't have an espresso machine there are other coffee options you can use. These options include:
- Strong brewed coffee
Use 2 tablespoons of ground instant coffee and ½ cup of boiling water to make strong-brewed coffee to use in this latte. You can pop the hot coffee in the freezer to cool it down quicker if you like.
- Cold brew
Cold brew coffee is a great option for this drink as it’s strong and concentrated - and already cold. Find out how to make cold brew coffee here.
- French press
Combine 2-3 tablespoons of ground coffee and 1 cup of hot water in a French Press and allow to steep for 5 minutes. Strain and cool down the coffee before using.
Brew strong coffee using a Keurig by using one pod to make just half a cup. You can achieve this by easily adjusting the settings.
How to make an Iced Pumpkin Chai Latte
Prepare your espresso/strong coffee and set it aside to cool.
Add the remaining ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend together until smooth and well combined, about 2 minutes.
If you don't have a blender, you could also add all the ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake them together until well combined.
Fill a serving glass with ice and pour over the prepared espresso/coffee.
Add the pumpkin chai milk mixture and gently stir to combine. Enjoy immediately as is or optionally top with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream.
I also like to serve my Iced Pumpkin Chai Latte with an extra sprinkle of ground cinnamon or chai spice mix and a straw.
How to make homemade chai spice mix
It is so easy to make your own chai spice mix at home. All you need to do is combine the dry spices together and then you can store it in an air-tight container or jar.
The ground spices you will need are:
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
3 teaspoons ground ginger
What is in a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte?
A Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte is made with water, 2% milk, chai tea concentrate, pumpkin spice sauce, and a pumpkin spice topping which is made from a selection of ground spices.
The full ingredient list includes:
Milk, Water, Chai Tea Concentrate [An Infusion Of (Water, Black Tea, Cardamom, Black Pepper, Ginger, Cinnamon, Cloves, Natural Flavors, Star Anise), Sugar, Honey, Ginger Juice, Natural Flavors, Vanilla, Citric Acid], Pumpkin Spice Sauce [Sugar, Condensed Skim Milk, Pumpkin Puree, Contains 2% Or Less Of Fruit And Vegetable Juice For Color, Natural Flavors, Annatto, Salt, Potassium Sorbate], Pumpkin Spice Topping [Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, And Cloves]
- 2 shots of espresso (or ½ cup of strongly-brewed coffee)
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon chai spice mix
- Ice cubes for serving
- Whipped cream or coconut cream for serving (optional)
- Prepare your espresso/strong coffee and set it aside to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend together until smooth and well combined, about 2 minutes. (If you don't have a blender, you could also add all the ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake them together until well combined.)
- Fill a serving glass with ice and pour over the prepared espresso/coffee.
- Add the pumpkin chai milk mixture and gently stir to combine. Enjoy immediately as is or optionally top with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream. I also like to serve my Iced Pumpkin Chai Latte with an extra sprinkle of ground cinnamon or chai spice mix and a straw.