This life-changing Honey Carrot Coconut Loaf is the only Easter recipe you will ever need. Made with coconut milk, fresh carrots and topped with the best cream cheese frosting.
When I think Easter I immediately
I decided to do a spin on a classic carrot cake, mostly because I really wanted to use my Kitchen Inspire loaf tin (how pretty is it?) and also because I love the combination of coconut with spicy flavours. So this Honey Carrot Coconut Loaf was born.
I don't mean to boast but this is probably one of the best things I've ever made! It's super duper moist, those cinnamon flavours are everything and then that creamy cream cheese frosting topped with coconut flakes... there are no words! We won't judge you if you end up eating this Honey Carrot Coconut Loaf for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
As always, I love a good one-bowl recipe and this one was no other. I simply chucked all the ingredients into my mixing bowl, gave it a good mix and poured the patter into my Kitchen Inspire loaf tin. I love using silicone moulds like there's because I KNOW nothing will stick and it is beyond easy to clean.
Okay, down to the good stuff. I've teamed up with Kitchen Inspire to giveaway
Honey Carrot Coconut Loaf
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all-spice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
For the frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- honey for that drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/325ºF and spray your loaf tin with non-stick spray
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients until properly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until just combined (do not over mix)
- Fold in the grated carrots and pour the batter into your loaf tin
- Bake for 65 minutes or until a fork inserted comes out clean
For the cream cheese frosting:
- Using an electric beater, beat the cream cheese until it is a little softer.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue mixing.
- Use a spatula to top the cooled loaf with the frosting then add the coconut flakes and a drizzle of honey.