Delicious and easy to make Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes! These moist and fluffy chocolate cupcakes are topped with dreamy cream cheese frosting full of fresh raspberry flavour. (Gluten-free option available)
Reasons To Love These Chocolate & Raspberry Cupcakes
These Strawberry and Chocolate Cupcakes are such winners! Everybody who tries them always loves them, and for so many yummy reasons:
- Easy Recipe. Making these cupcakes could not be easier and takes almost no time at all.
- Yummy Texture. The perfect balance of fluffy and moist!
- Dreamy Frosting. Light, creamy, and full of fresh strawberry flavour.
- Chocolatey Goodness. These cupcakes are packed with rich chocolate flavour that keeps you wanting more.
Making Easy Raspberry Cupcakes
These delicious cupcakes are super super easy to make and use standard pantry ingredients. It just takes 10 minutes and one bowl to make these yummy little treats!
To Make These Cupcakes You Will Need:
- White sugar
- Vanilla essence
- A large egg
- Sifted cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Hot water
How To Make The Chocolate Cupcakes:
The first thing to do is preheat your oven and then line a cupcake tin with paper liners. Then you just need to whisk together the sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl.
Once that's all whisked up, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix this all together until well combined. And then mix in the hot water, ⅓ at a time. The batter will be thin in consistency.
Once the batter is ready, pour it into the prepared cupcake pan, filling each paper liner ⅔ of the way full. Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes, or until the centres have puffed up and a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the cupcakes to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. The cupcakes need to be completely cooled before frosting.
To Make Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting, You Will Need:
- Cream cheese
- Room-temperature butter
- Fresh raspberries
- Sifted icing sugar
- Vanilla essence
How To Make Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
The first step to making this delish frosting is blending the raspberries in a blender until smooth. Then in a mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and continue to cream the mixture.
Continue to mix and add the raspberry pureé and vanilla essence. Then mix in the icing sugar one cup at a time until frosting is smooth and pipeable.
If you give these yummy cupcakes a try, let me know what you think of them over on my Instagram. I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)
Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour sifted (This can be substituted with gluten-free flour)
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup hot water
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 230 grams cream cheese
- 300 grams butter room temperature
- 2 cups raspberries
- 3 cups icing sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla essence well.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix together until combined.
- Mix in the hot water, ⅓ at a time. The batter will be thin in consistency.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan, filling each paper liner ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the centres have puffed up and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place the raspberries in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and continue to cream the mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- Continue to mix and add the raspberry pureé and vanilla essence.
- Mix in the icing sugar one cup at a time until frosting is smooth and pipeable.