Donuts and champagne all rolled into one? Yes, please! These pretty little baked donuts are perfect for any occasion and are so incredibly easy to make. Made with Stork Bake, they are sure to taste even better than they look and come out perfectly every single time!
I made these pretty little Champagne Baked Donuts with Stork for Mother's Day as a treat for my mama! They literally only took me 15minutes to whip up and look pretty and special every time! She absolutely loves it when I bake her something so these were the perfect treat for Mother's Day!
The thing I like most about these little guys is that you can really get creative with decorating them. You can play around with the colouring of the glaze or top them with all kinds of different things. Try adding a little cocoa to your glaze for a chocolate flavour or add different kinds of flowers on top. I always love adding nuts because I like the texture it provides to these fluffy creatures, but you could seriously add anything and it's bound to work out perfectly! Give these a go for World Baking Day (17 May) and get creative with your toppings!
The addition of Stork Bake to both the batter and glaze ensures that they stay fresher for longer and have simply the best texture! Serve them with a glass of champagne or a cup of tea and you've got a party!
Champagne Baked Donuts
For the donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted STORK Bake
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup champagne/sparkling wine
For the glaze:
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar sifted
- 1 Tbsp melted STORK Bake
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp champagne/sparkling wine add more or less, depending on desired consistency
- Light pink food colouring optional
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and use a little STORK Bake to grease the donut pans.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted STORK margarine, vanilla essence, egg, buttermilk and whisk until well combined.
- Gently, stir the champagne into the wet mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Use a piping bag fitted with a large round piping tip to pipe the batter into the donut pan, filling them ¾ full.
- Place the donut pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the donuts to cool before glazing.
- Combine the melted STORK Bake, vanilla essence, milk and champagne
- Stir in the icing sugar a little at a time and mix well. Add more icing sugar if needed.
- Once donuts have cooled, dip the top of each donut into the glaze and transfer to a wire rack.
- Top with crushed pistachio’s and roses.
Photography by Hein van Tonder