With its incredibly moist texture and zesty flavour, this is the only lemon bundt cake recipe you'll ever need. A Simple Buttermilk Lemon Bundt Cake with a lemon glaze that is easy to make and is always a crowd-pleaser!
Why You Will Love This Bundt Cake Recipe
I love the combination of sweet and sour. A lemon dessert is the best kind of dessert (evidence over here with this Lemon Cake).
And this Simple Buttermilk Lemon Bundt Cake is no exception. It is packed full of delicious zesty lemon flavour. And the buttermilk gives this cake a lovely soft and moist texture. It is a real winner!
How To Make A Lemon Bundt Cake
A great thing about this Simple Buttermilk Lemon Bundt Cake is how super easy it is to make. Bundt cakes can be intimidating, but I've never had problems with this recipe. And even if this cake doesn't come out perfectly it's still incredibly scrumptious!
A helpful bundt cake tip is to make sure you have a good quality bundt cake tin, preferably silicone. And always grease it super thoroughly!
Instructions To Make This Lemon Bundt Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a bundt cake tin.
- In a mixing bowl, place the flour, baking powder, baking soda and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time while continuously beating. Making sure to scrape down the side of the bowl every now and then.
- In a small separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla essence.
- While mixing on low speed, add the flour mixture to the butter, alternating with the lemon juice mixture.
- Mix until just combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt cake tin and pop it into the oven for 45 - 50 minutes (or until a fork inserted comes out clean.)
- Allow cake to cool completely before removing from the tin and adding the lemon glaze.
HOW TO STORE LEMON BUNDT CAKE
This lemon bundt cake can be stored for 2 - 3 days covered at room temperature. It can also be stored in the refrigerator if you prefer, but I recommend letting it come to room temperature before serving it.
This bundt cake can also be frozen, but you need to freeze it before you add the lemon glaze. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap before freezing in an airtight container or bag. The cake can be frozen for up to 2 months. Before serving, thaw the cake and add the lemon glaze.
If you've tried this recipe or any of my other recipes, I would love to hear your thoughts on them. So slide into my DM's on Instagram or drop a comment on one of my latest posts :)
More Bundt Cake Recipes You May Like:
- Soft Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Butterscotch Bundt Cake
- Gluten-Free Earl Grey Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- Chocolate Tahini Mini Bundt Cakes
Simple Buttermilk Lemon Bundt Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter soft
- 4 eggs
- zest from 4 lemons or more to make it super zesty
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the lemony glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted (adding more if glaze is too thin)
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until all the ingredients are combined.
- Beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time. Making sure to scrape down the side of the bowl every now and then.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, lemon juice and vanilla essence.
- While the mixer is running on medium speed add the flour mixture to the butter, alternating with the lemon juice mixture.
- Mix until just combined, do not overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake tin and pop it into the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a fork inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before removing the cake from the tin.
For the lemony glaze:
- Whisk all the ingredients together, adding more powdered sugar if need.
- Pour over cooled cake and devour!