Salted Caramel Banana Bread Muffins - Vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free muffins that are simply delicious and decadent.
I haven't been so excited to post a recipe as I am today. That is because I am purely impressed with myself when it comes to these scrumptious Salted Caramel Banana Bread Muffins. I wish I could give each of you one of these through my computer screen because they are absoloutely to die for! And while tons of healthy recipes are delicious, nothing has come quite as close to being so decadent and satisfying as these muffins are. They are pure perfection.
They have the perfect balance or mixture of textures. From the moist banana muffins to the crunchy and sticky granola topping. Aaah they are heaven. Best part about these Salted Caramel Banana Bread Muffins, other than being super yummy, they are so easy and quick to make.
I made my own Vegan Salted Caramel for these, which you guys totally have to try because that stuff is heaven in a jar. And then I used some of my favourite gluten free granola that I drenched in the salted caramel, but you could totally make that at home as well. In fact, why not check out my Homemade Granola recipe?
For this recipe I used Brown Rice Flour, which is one of my favourite gluten-free flour options to use because it works well every time. Unlike coconut flour or almond flour which tends to end up being a crumbly mess. One thing you have to know is that gluten free baked goods will never be quite as moist as ordinary muffins or cakes, but these Salted Caramel Banana Bread Muffins come incredibly close. In fact I actually like the fact that these muffins have more texture, it really makes them filling and satisfying.
Salted Caramel Banana Bread Muffins
- 3 Small Ripe Bananas
- 1 Flax Egg/Egg
- ⅓ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ Cup Vegan Salted Caramel
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Brown Rice Flour or GF Oat Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
For the Topping:
- 1 Cup GF Granola
- ¼ Cup Vegan Salted Caramel
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Place the bananas, flax egg and coconut oil in a blender or mixer with the paddle attachment and mix until smooth and combined.
- Add in the vanilla and salted caramel and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time, alternating with the almond milk and mix until combined.
- Scoop the mixture into cupcake liners (¾ full) and bake for 17-20min.
- Meanwhile, combine the granola and the salted caramel until the granola is well coated.
- When the muffins are done, remove them from the oven and allow to cool.
- Top each muffin with about a tablespoon of the granola mixture.