A quick and simple Rosemary & Lavender Naked Cake is exactly what your next celebration needs. Fluffy, flavourful, and fragrant - what more could you want?!
This deliciously aromatic Rosemary & Lavender Naked Cake is a treat for both the nose and palate. With its beautiful fragrant flavours infused into the cake and frosting, this super easy naked cake is destined to be an absolute winner!
Nothing says celebration like a cake and I love any excuse to whip up a sweet treat. And so with Mother's Day around the corner, an extra special cake was definitely in order. And that is how this beautiful Rosemary & Lavender Naked Cake was born!
My mother and I are both massive fans of Lavender and Rosemary. So I thought it would be the perfect flavour combo to celebrate our relationship - and I was not disappointed! The combination is deliciously fragrant and I am sure my mama is gonna love it!
Rosemary and Lavender are both strong, aromatic flavours. They compliment each other perfectly in this soft and fluffy cake. It's a true flavour fest. Layers on layers of sweet and delicately savoury flavour - what more could you want from a cake?!
Just how I like it, this recipe is super simple and quick to make. It's an easy, classic cake where all the flavour comes from simple steeping and all the beauty comes from pretty, simple frosting. I highly recommend the Kitchen Inspire palette knife to easily achieve frosting perfection - it was a dream to use.
It's no secret I am massively obsessed with naked cakes - but who isn't?! By definition, they are unfinished cakes and so in theory, they should look sloppy but they always turn out stunningly elegant. Naked cakes are the perfect celebration cake: they wow a crowd but are super simple to make. This delicious Rosemary & Lavender Naked Cake is a perfect example of just this!
Rosemary & Lavender Naked Cake
- 4 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup butter room temperature
- 2 ½ cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cup whole milk
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups icing sugar sifted
- 4 sprigs lavender
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 drops purple food colouring
- Steep rosemary in hot milk for 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the room-temperature infused milk.
- Add the remaining half of the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour into cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes at 170ºC.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- Bring milk and lavender to a boil and then set aside to cool.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in icing sugar, cooled milk, and food colouring.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.