What could possibly be more satisfying than the combination of salted caramel, baked pears and the perfect pie crust? This Pear and Salted Caramel Pie recipe has become my go-to for any event or craving.
With it's sweet and salty pear filling, crispy all-butter crust and caramel sauce, this Pear and Salted Caramel Pie is the only pie recipe you'll ever need.
When Stork asked me to whip up something for World Baking Day this year I knew immediately I wanted to make a pie. On days where I truly just feel like getting into the kitchen and losing myself in the process of baking I always opt for a pie.
I find pie making to be one of the most satisfying and therapeutic things. Everything from making the perfect crust to the satisfaction of creating a piece of lattice art on top. I could honestly take on pie making as a hobby. Or maybe I should just quit my day job and open a pie shop. Yes? No? ;)
I was walking around our local grocery store the other day and saw the most beautiful pears. That's when I knew I wanted to play around with pears for this pie. I then couldn't resist adding one of my ALL TIME favourite things... SALTED CARAMEL. I've made sooo many salted caramel things, from my vegan salted caramel, to a salted caramel chia pudding. There truly are too many to mention.
I topped the filling with my favourite pie crust (made with Stork Bake of course) and played around with the lattice. This part is so incredibly therapeutic. I love taking my time and really just going wherever the pie gods take me.
I hope you guys will give this beaut of a recipe a try and let me know what you think over on my Instagram. Plus remember to check out what everyone is doing for World Baking Day over at #StorkBakesBest.
Pear and Salted Caramel Pie
Sweet Pie Crust
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cold Stork Bake
- ¼ cup ice water
- 75 grams white sugar
- 75 grams light brown sugar
- 60 ml water
- 90 ml cream
- 25 grams Stork Bake
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 pears thinly sliced
- 2 - 4 tablespoon milk for brushing over pie crust
- 2 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling over pie crust
Sweet Pie Crust
- Place four, sugar, and salt in a food processor.
- Add Stork Bake and pulse until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add water and pulse until dough clumps together.
- Place dough onto floured surface and form a ball.
- Divide the ball of dough in half and flatten into disks.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat and cook until syrup turns a golden, caramel colour.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the cream.
- Return to heat and stir caramel mixture continuously for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, Stork Bake, and salt.
- Allow to cool.
- Roll out half the refrigerated dough until thin and large enough to cover the pie dish.
- Place rolled out dough into pie dish and press into place.
- Fill the pie dish with pear slices.
- Pour the salted caramel over the pears.
- Roll out the remaining half the refrigerated dough and slice into thin equal strips. Have fun and use the strips to lattice the top of the pie as desired.
- Brush the latticed pie top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 200ºC for 20 - 25 minutes.