This Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail with Espresso is nutty, bold, and slightly sweet. Perfect as an after-dinner drink or just a delicious pick-me-up cocktail.
Cocktail Recipe with Peanut Butter Whiskey
Coffee and whiskey is a classic cocktail combination. The two bold flavors blend together beautifully to create a tasty and complex sip. And syrupy peanut butter whiskey is definitely best accented with bitter flavors to cut its sweetness.
So if you are looking for a new way to enjoy this perfect pair then this Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail with Espresso is the drink for you. The nutty flavor of peanut butter whiskey pairs perfectly with the rich flavor of espresso which is all perfectly softened in the ice and milk base.
This is the ideal coffee cocktail for holiday parties and celebrations. It gives everyone a tasty caffeine boost to keep the party going. And it is guaranteed to impress guests - even though it is incredibly simple to make!
Ingredients and Notes
This is a simple coffee cocktail to make with peanut butter whiskey. You can also easily adjust the ingredients according to your exact preferences to make the perfect cocktail for your palate.
The ingredients you will need are listed below and you can also find a detailed recipe card at the end of this post!
- Espresso. Freshly brewed espresso is a must! The crema from the espresso contains fatty oils that help create a rich, creamy thickness in the cocktail. If you don't have espresso, you can also use instant espresso powder. Simply mix 2 teaspoons of instant espresso powder with 1 oz of hot water to make a single espresso shot.
- Peanut butter whiskey. This flavored and sweetened whiskey has a lower alcohol content than standard whiskey and it adds nutty flavor and sweetness to the cocktail.
- Milk. You can use any dairy or non-dairy milk that you prefer best to make this cocktail. I like to make mine with oat milk!
- Ground cinnamon. Adds a delicious spiced flavor that enhances the nuttiness of this tasty drink.
More about Peanut Butter Whiskey
Peanut Butter Whiskey (aka Screwball Whiskey) is a flavored and sweetened whiskey that tastes like peanut butter and is made with real peanuts. This unique whiskey entered the scene in 2018 in California and has become a popular cocktail ingredient ever since.
Peanut butter whiskey has a thick, sticky texture and is very sweet. It has a strong nutty peanut finish along with notes of caramel, coffee, and vanilla. It is a light whiskey (35% ABV) that creates a unique drinking experience.
Whiskey fan? Check out our list of THE BEST WHISKEY TO DRINK STRAIGHT!
- A cocktail strainer and shaker. If you do not have a cocktail shaker you could also use a jar with a lid and then use the lid as a strainer when straining your cocktail into a serving glass.
- Cocktail serving glass - a tall glass, like highball glass, is best. This allows room for lots of ice and milk.
- A measuring jigger, jug, or cup.
How to Make a Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail with Espresso
This whiskey cocktail is easy to make and can be whipped up in minutes. It's like making a shaken iced coffee but with a delicious kick! To make one, you can follow the step-by-step instructions below or you can find a detailed recipe card at the end of this post.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
Add the espresso, peanut butter whiskey, and ground cinnamon. Shake well for about 30 seconds.
Strain into a tall serving glass filled with fresh ice. Top with milk of choice and enjoy immediately.
Recipe Tips and Notes
Because peanut butter whiskey is sweetened, this drink doesn’t need extra syrup or sweeteners. But if you prefer a sweeter drink you could add ½ - 1 oz of simple syrup or maple syrup.
Use a jigger or a measuring cup to measure your ingredients accurately. A precise measurement can make a big difference in the balance and flavor of your cocktail.
You should serve this Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail immediately after making it. The longer you let it sit, the more the ice will start to dilute your drink.
If you are watching your caffeine intake, you can always make this cocktail with decaf espresso instead of regular. This won't impact the flavor and end result of this cocktail at all!
If you like a boozier drink, try adding an extra shot of your favorite whiskey or bourbon. This will give the drink an extra kick and more whiskey flavor.
You can serve this cocktail with crushed ice or whole ice. Just keep in mind that as the ice melts it will start to slightly dilute the drink.
Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail with Espresso
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 Long and tall serving glass
- 1 oz espresso
- 2 oz peanut butter whiskey Screwball Whiskey
- 2 dashes ground cinnamon
- 3 - 5 oz milk of choice
- ice cubes
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add the espresso, peanut butter whiskey, and ground cinnamon. Shake well for about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a tall serving glass filled with fresh ice. Top with milk of choice and enjoy immediately.