A delicious Healthy Berry Frozen Yogurt recipe that is perfect for summer. Full of natural ingredients and no added sugar, this tasty no-churn fro-yo is easy to make and packed with a bright berry flavor.
No-Churn Mixed Berries Frozen Yogurt Recipe
This simple berry fro-yo recipe is soon to be a favorite of yours! It is easy to make using natural, healthy ingredients and it tastes delicious. All well as it is low in calories contains no refined sugar and is high in protein and antioxidants.
This is an easy no-churn recipe so no ice-cream maker is needed to enjoy this frozen yogurt. All you have to do is blend together the simple ingredients, freeze it, and then enjoy!
This delicious summer dessert is always a winner. It is refreshing, satisfying, and full of bright berry flavor.
If you love berries and yogurt, you have to check out my delicious Berry Yogurt Tart with Almond Crust!
Ingredients & Notes
- Frozen mixed berries. You can use any combination of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries that you like best.
- Honey. You can adjust the amount you add according to your preference and the sweetness of your berries. You can also substitute the honey for maple syrup or agave syrup if preferred.
- Plain yogurt. I like to use a thick, plain yogurt to create a creamy base for my frozen yogurt. But you can use any yogurt you like best, including non-dairy yogurts such as coconut yogurt.
- Lemon juice. This adds a brightness to the frozen yogurt and balances the flavors.
- Vanilla extract. Enhance the yummy flavor of the frozen yogurt.
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Chia seeds
- Fresh mint
- Frozen banana
- Fold in white chocolate chips before freezing
How to make No-Churn Healthy Berry Frozen Yogurt
Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy.
Serve the frozen yogurt immediately as soft serve or pour it into a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer for at least four hours.
TIP: Press a piece of parchment paper against the top of the frozen yogurt to help prevent ice crystals from forming.
Remove the frozen yogurt from the freezer and allow it to stand for 5 minutes before scooping it into balls and serving.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
- It is helpful for scooping balls of fro-yo to place the frozen yogurt in the fridge for about 20 minutes before serving for ease.
- Be sure to blend or process the frozen yogurt until it is entirely smooth throughout before freezing it.
- Place your freezer-safe tin/container in the freezer before adding the frozen yogurt mixture to help it to set quicker.
- This frozen berry fro-yo can be stored in your freezer for up to 3 months in a sealed, airtight container.
- Store the frozen berry yogurt in the coldest part of your freezer, which is usually in the back. You don’t want it exposed to warm air when the freezer is opened – this can cause it to melt partially and refreeze which can create ice crystals and make the texture grainy.
More healthy berry desserts:
- 500g Frozen Mixed Berries
- 3 Tbsp Honey/Agave
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Water/Milk
- Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Serve the frozen yogurt immediately as soft serve or pour it into a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer for at least four hours. (TIP: Press a piece of parchment paper against the top of the frozen yogurt to help prevent ice crystals from forming.)
- Remove the frozen yogurt from the freezer and allow to stand for 5 minutes before scooping into balls and serving.