These Vegan Chocolate Protein Popsicles make the best on-the-go breakfast or the ultimate summer dessert. Made with vegan protein, coconut milk and topped off with dark chocolate and crunchy granola.
Earlier this year I switched to a more plant-based diet. I won't go as far as to say that I'm completely vegan but I do eat plant-based meals 90% of the time. It's been a pretty amazing experience. I feel way lighter and just generally more energetic. But it has also been a learning curve to ensure that I get enough of all the right nutrients etc...
I also realised that I wasn't eating enough protein so I've been trying to add a little more to my diet. My newest obsession being the friggen incredible o'natural range. Everything from their protein powders to their oh so heavenly bars (oh man can I indulge in that stuff).
I normally either make a smoothie bowl using their protein powders or add a little to my morning oats. As you know I'm a dessert addict so I thought hmmm... this stuff is good, I should totally turn it into a dessert. Hence, these heavenly Vegan Chocolate Protein Popsicles were born! They were so easy to make, I literally chucked all the ingredients into my Nutribullet and poured the mixture into a popsicle mold! Obviously, then I got a little indulgent and dipped them into a dark chocolate ganache and topped it off with some crunchy granola... because why not? 😉
These Vegan Chocolate Protein Popsicles are perfect for a pretty guilt-free vegan dessert (no one will even know they're vegan) or you could make a batch ahead of the time and eat them as an on the go breakfast!
Vegan Chocolate Protein Popsicles
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Protein Powder I used o'natural chocolate vegan protein powder
- 2 tsp agave nectar/honey/maple syrup
For the topping
- 100 g 80% dark chocolate
- ½ Cup granola I used o'natural crunchy granola
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds and place into freezer overnight.
- Run the mold under a little warm water and wiggle them out of the molds.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring ever 3o seconds.
- Dip the popsicles into the melted chocolate and then top with granola.