A delicious Apple Cinnamon Almond Cake (eggless recipe) full of yummy flavor & texture. The moist, spiced cake is topped with a crunchy, nutty topping. This cake is a Fall-time must!
(Vegan & Gluten-Free)
A Spiced Apple Almond Cake Recipe
I love making this easy cinnamon almond cake with apples throughout the whole year, but I particularly love it on cozy Fall days. The warm spices and deep nutty flavor in the cake, combined with chunks of fresh apple, makes for the perfect sweet treat with a warm beverage on a chilly day.
The soft, moist cake is topped with lots of warm spices and crunchy crumble which makes it the most perfect cozy sweet treat. Everybody just loves the soft, moist texture of the almond cake combined with the crisp, nutty crumble topping.
This delicious recipe is also such an easy recipe to make with just a few simple steps using pantry-staple ingredients. It is full of yummy spices, crunchy nuts, and sweet brown sugar. It contains no eggs and is completely vegan and gluten-free
Another delicious gluten-free cake to try out is my Earl Grey Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache Glaze!
Ingredients & Notes
This cinnamon almond cake is made from 100% vegan and gluten-free ingredients. All the simple ingredients needed for this cake combine together to make the most delicious spiced apple cake.
For The Cake:
- Coconut oil. Room-temperature coconut oil is best for this recipe so it can be creamed together with the sugar well.
- Flax egg. A flax egg can be made by mixing one tablespoon of ground flaxseed flour with three tablespoons of water. Simply mix them together in a small bowl and let them sit for 5 minutes to thicken up before using.
- Brown Sugar. Adds a deep, rich touch of sweetness to the cake.
- Spices. Ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg give the cake a delicious warm spiced flavor.
- Vanilla extract. Enhances the yummy flavor of the baked cake.
- Dairy-Free Milk. You can use any plant-based milk alternative that you prefer best, such as oat milk, almond milk, or soy milk.
- Flour. This cake is made using a combination of almond flour and oat flour. This combination of gluten-free flours gives the cake a soft, moist texture when baked.
- Baking powder. This helps the cake to rise during baking and to be soft and light in texture.
- Apples. I used fresh red apples to make my loaf, but any type of apple will work for this loaf recipe.
For The Topping:
- Flour. You can use almond or oat flour for the topping depending on your preference.
- Brown sugar. To keep the topping crisp and sweet.
- Ground cinnamon. For a touch of extra yummy cinnamon flavor.
- Chopped almonds. I like to use roughly chopped almonds for my topping but you can use any nuts you prefer best such as walnuts and pecan nuts!
How To Make An Eggless Apple Cinnamon Almond Cake
This apple almond cake is so easy to make and doesn't require a lot of preparation or baking time. It is a simple recipe that is pretty much foolproof! To make the cake follow the instructions below or find the full recipe at the bottom of this page.
Prepare oven and dish. Preheat your oven to 180C/375F and grease a baking dish or spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
Cream together. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream the coconut oil, flax egg, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
Add the milk, spices, and baking powder. Once the sugar mixture is light and fluffy, add the vanilla, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder. Mix together until well combined.
Add the flour and apples. Decrease the speed of your mixer to low and mix in the flour and the chopped apple until just combined.
Pour into the baking dish. Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish.
Add the crumble. Top the batter with the prepared crumble in an even layer.
Bake. Place the baking dish in the centre of your oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before serving.
How to Store Apple Almond Cake
Any leftover cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. Alternatively, it can be refrigerated for up to one week or can be frozen for up to three months. Always bring the cake to room temperature before serving it.
WHY IS MY APPLE CAKE DENSE?
Over-mixing the batter can result in an overly dense cake, so be sure to not over-mix your batter. Also, it is important to use fresh baking powder when baking your cake. Using old or expired baking powder could result in a dense apple almond cake.
CAN I DOUBLE THIS RECIPE?
Yes! Simply double the ingredients and bake in two separate baking pans. I love to do this and then freeze the one cake to enjoy at a later time.
Optional Recipe Substitutions
- The brown sugar in the cake and crumble can be substituted with coconut sugar if you want a refined-sugar-free version of this cake.
- You can use oat flour only and omit the nuts in the topping if you would like a nut-free version of this recipe.
I hope you love this Apple Cinnamon Almond Cake (eggless recipe) as much as I do! And if you want to see more of my delicious food adventures, follow me on Instagram or Facebook.
Apple Cinnamon Almond Cake (eggless)
A delicious Vegan Cinnamon Almond Cake recipe loaded with yummy flavor & texture. The moist, spiced almond cake is topped with a crunchy, nutty topping. (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
For the Cinnamon Almond Cake:
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil, room temperature
- 1 Flax Egg (see notes)
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ Cup Dairy-Free Milk
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 teaspoon Baking Powder
For the Crumble:
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Chopped Nuts
For the Crumble Topping:
- Add all the crumble ingredients in a small bowl and rub together with your fingers until well combined and you have a crumble texture.
For the Cinnamon Almond Cake:
- Prepare oven and dish. Preheat your oven to 180C/375F and grease a baking dish or spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream the coconut oil, flax egg, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk, spices, and baking powder. Once the sugar mixture is light and fluffy, add the vanilla, almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder. Mix together.
- Add the flour and apple. Lower the speed of your mixer to low and mix in the flour and the apple until just combined.
- Pour into the baking dish. Pour the mixed batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Add crumble. Top the batter with the prepared crumble in an even layer.
- Bake. Place the baking dish in the centre of your oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Cool and serve. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before serving. I like to serve my cake with a drizzle of maple syrup, but this is optional.
Leave a Reply