The Best Carrot Cake Recipe Ever - A delicious, easy-to-make, moist, spicy, and creamy recipe. The perfect recipe for a celebration.
A layered carrot cake recipe
This last week has been such a hectic week, with many lows and a few highs. It was absolutely exhausting.
So getting a little time on the weekend to get into the kitchen and bake is pure therapy. Most people would probably sit around binge-watching their favorite series or sleep in a little. And while I could spend hours binge-watching Grey's Anatomy, there is simply nothing more relaxing to me than hearing the sound of my Kitchen Aid and getting my bake on!
And since it is almost Easter time, there really was no other way but to bake The Best Carrot Cake Recipe Ever! Am I right?
Why you'll love this recipe
The Best Ever Carrot Cake Recipe as its name says is simply the best. And I say this as a self-proclaimed cake connoisseur.
Yes, I think I have made and eaten enough cakes to name myself so. So I can truly and honestly say this is The Best Carrot Cake Recipe Ever.
It is perfectly moist, crunchy, "carroty" and a little spicy, smear a little soft cream cheese frosting in and around it and you have absolute scrumptious perfection.
The thing I love the most about this carrot cake is how soft and moist it is. I find that most carrot cakes are often incredibly dry and a little tasteless. So I was on a mission to find a recipe that would be so beautifully moist and packed with flavors of carrot and cinnamon.
And best of all, it is really easy to make. Not complicated at all. So really there is no reason not to make this beautiful cake!
If you want something a little smaller. The Moist Carrot Cupcakes are pretty much the same thing but smaller. So there is something for everyone over here.
I hope you love this recipe for The Best Carrot Cake Recipe Ever as much as I do. And if you want to see more of my food adventures, follow me on Instagram or Facebook.
The Best Carrot Cake Recipe Ever
- 1 electric mixer
- 2 cake tins
For the Carrot Cake
- 480 g Sugar
- 250 g Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 6 Large Eggs
- 220 ml Oil
- 300 g Grated Carrots
- 90 g Walnuts chopped
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 250 g Cream Cheese
- 125 g Soft Butter
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar the amount depends on how stiff you want it
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
For the Carrot Cake:
- Place the eggs in a bowl and whip until thick and fluffy (it takes about 7-10min)
- Add the oil and vanilla to the eggs and continue whipping.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, salt, flour,cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture gradually and mix on low speed.
- When everything is combined, fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into 2 20cm round cake tins.
- Bake the cakes for about 45-55min or until a fork inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool on a wire rack before frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and using the paddle attachment, cream the mixture until smooth. Depending on the consistency you desire, add more or less powdered sugar.
- When the cakes are cooled, you can either cut each layer in into two so that you have a four layered cake or leave it as two layers.
- Place a little frosting between each layer. Then stack the layers and use a tiny bit of icing to create a crumb coat and place the cake in the fridge for 5-10min.
- Then use the remaining frosting to ice the cake in whatever way you want, and lastly top with beautiful fresh flowers.
Leave a Reply