If you're looking for an easy showstopper to make this festive season then you've just found your winner! This Rose & Vanilla Naked Cake is an absolute stunner and deliciously divine.
For me, December is a time to indulge in easy, delicious desserts. This Rose & Vanilla Naked Cake has soft, subtle flavours and light, spongey texture which is perfect to enjoy on a warm Summer's afternoon. Not to mention, naked cakes are so effortlessly gorgeous - it would be impossible to resist a slice!
December is all about sharing in the good things together. And so I decided to run a giveaway series over on my Instagram this December. So many amazing brands are giving away incredible prizes - including the wonderful Ark Workshop.
This bespoke home and lifestyle brand is an absolute favourite of mine! You can see all the insane craftsmanship and love that goes into each and every one of their gorgeous products. My lifelong dream is to be surrounded by all their stunning products ALLLL the time. I think that's going to be my goal for 2020!
If you want to stand the chance to win a BEAUTIFUL hamper from Ark Workshop, then head on over to my Instagram page to enter. PLUS, you can get an early entry for the final Kitchen Aid giveaway by heading over HERE!
Rose & Vanilla Naked Cake
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 225 grams butter room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- ½ tbsp rose essence
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 250 grams butter room temperature
- 400 grams icing sugar sifted
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 200 grams white chocolate chopped
- 3 drops red food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease 4 cake tins.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, and eggs.
- Once light and fluffy, mix in the vanilla and rose essence.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold this in alternately with the milk into the egg mixture.
- Once the mixture is just combined, pour into prepared cake tins and bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the icing sugar, milk, and vanilla essence.
- Mix until well combined.
- Once cake has cooled, spread the frosting between the layers of cake.
- Top the cake with more frosting.
- Use a palette knife to add a thin layer of frosting around the sides of the cake.
- To create the "naked" effect, remove any excess frosting with the palette knife or cake scraper to expose the cake in small areas.
- Once the cake has been frosted, gently melt the chocolate in a small bowl and mix in the food colouring.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the top of the cake, allowing it to run down the sides.
- Top with fresh flowers and/or fruits and enjoy!