One of my favourite recipes of all time is this Hearty One Pot Lasagna. It really hits the spot if you're craving comfort food and a warm, hearty meal. It is uncomplicated and marvellous and the best part is - you can make it all in one pot! Here's to fewer dishes!
During colder months I, like many others, always crave more hearty types of foods. I know we should be eating healthily but sometimes you also just want to eat something that is good for the soul. The easy, cheesy types of foods that scream MORE!
This Hearty One Pot Lasagna does just that. It's a no fuss recipe that will have everyone coming pack for seconds and thirds. The best part is that it really doesn't require tons of effort, because let's be real I'd much rather be sitting in front of my fireplace instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
I've made this recipe multiple times for myself and then simply froze the leftovers for later in the week. A whole weeks dinners sorted in not only one day but in one pot! Yes, please! I think the part that really makes it so scrumptious is the Cape Herb & Spice Mediterranean Roast Rub. I'm not lying when I say that I put that stuff on EVERYTHING! It goes into my scrambled eggs in the morning, over my roast veggies etc etc
I created a quick and easy video just to illustrate how incredible simple this recipe is. So have a look let me know what you think about it and share it if you love it 🙂
Hearty One Pot Lasagna
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 can peeled tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 g lean mince
- 125 g cream cheese
- 200 g mozzarella sliced
- Cape Herb & Spice Mediterranean Roasts Rub
- ½ cup red wine
- 120 g lasagna sheets more or less, depending on taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh basil & parmesan for topping
- Over medium heat, sauté the onions and carrots in the olive oil, then add the garlic and mice and cook until the mince has browned.
- Add a generous sprinkling of Cape Herb & Spice Mediterranean Roasts Rub followed by the red wine & can of tomatoes - continue cooking.
- Add the tomato paste and cream cheese and cook until the cream cheese is completely incorporated.
- Break ½ the lasagna into pieces and stir it into the mixture, then create layers of mozzarella and lasagna pieces using the remaining lasagna sheets.
- Use a wooden spoon to press the lasagna into the sauce.
- Finish off with a layer of mozzarella and bake for at least 30 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked and the mozzarella has melted and browned slightly.
- Remove from the oven and serve with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.