– 1 cup vegetable or canola oil– 2 cups light brown sugar– 3 large eggs– 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour– ½ tsp baking soda– 1 tsp cinnamon– 1 tbsp vanilla extract– 1 cup yogurt– 1 pinch salt– ½ cup caramel
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE CARAMEL BUNDT:
– 4 tbsp butter– ½ cup dark
brown sugar– ½ cup heavy cream– 2 tsp vanilla extract– ¾ tsp salt
HOW TO MAKE A BUTTERSCOTCH CARAMEL CAKE:
1. Cream sugar, oil, and eggs.In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar, oil, eggs, & vanilla extract with an electric mixer. This should take about 5 minutes.
2. Combine dry ingredients.In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until well combined.3. Mix the batter together.Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture alternately with the yogurt until batter is just combined.
4. Bake the bundtcake.Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan & bake for 45- 55 minutes, or until cooked through & a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the bundt cake from the oven & wait 10 minutes before flipping the bundt onto a plate or cooling rack.