This easy no churn caramel custard ice cream is my go-to recipe for summer treats. It's incredibly easy to make, only has 4 ingredients and requires no ice cream machine. Sounds like a win right?
How do you make no churn ice cream?
To make this decadent no churn caramel custard ice cream you simply place all the ingredients, except the salt, in a mixing bowl. Whip until the ingredients together until the whisk leaves a trail. Then place the mixture into container or baking tin and pop it in the freezer. To make it extra decadent, warm a little extra caramel and drizzle it on top with a sprinkle of salt before freezing.
Tips for making no churn ice cream:
- Place your baking tin/container in the freezer before to help the ice cream to set for quickly.
- Make your own homemade caramel for a little extra deliciousness. I like making mine extra salty for the sweet and salty contrast.
- Use Ultra Mel to make sure you have the best texture and flavour. Ultra Mel adds extra creaminess and depth in flavour to this no churn caramel custard ice cream.
- Add bits of caramel or chopped nuts to give this no churn ice cream a little texture.
What do you need to make this no churn caramel ice cream?
Firstly, you do not need an ice cream maker, yay! All you need is a mixing bowl, a good whisk or hand mixer and a baking tin for freezing.
For the ingredients, I used whipping cream to give it that traditional ice cream flavour and texture. A little Ultra Mel to take it to the next level and add to the creamy texture. I then added a can of caramel or you can use a homemade caramel. Lastly, I topped it off with some extra caramel and a few salt flakes.
- 600ml whipping cream
- 200ml caramel, divided
- 250ml Ultra Mel Custard
- Salt flakes for topping
- Place the whipping cream, custard and 100ml of the caramel in a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip the mixture until thick and the whisks begins to leave trails in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tin or freezer safe container.
- Swirl the remaining caramel through the mixture and top with salt flakes.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Serve in a bowl or in ice cream cones.