A Coconut Berry Smoothie Bowl that is super delicious and easy to make. This healthy smoothie is vegan, gluten-free, and packed with antioxidants and protein.
Why You Will Love This Coconut Smoothie Bowl
I love making smoothie bowls for breakfast or as a healthy snack. This smoothie is deliciously thick and super creamy, perfect for eating with a spoon. This smoothie is packed full of nutrients, fiber, and protein all while being absolutely delicious and oh-so-pretty. The color of this smoothie is incredible and adding all the toppings to the smooth bowl just makes it even prettier. The toppings also add an extra boost of nutrients. Especially the magical chia seeds! They add tons of protein along with a yummy crunchy texture. Making this smoothie bowl recipe is super easy to make and takes just a few minutes to assemble.
What you will need to make this smoothie bowl
- Mixed berries: Add lots of flavor, color, and nutrients.
- Rolled oats: Thicken up the smoothie and add tons of fibre. (Can be substituted with quick oats)
- Almond milk: The amount can be adjusted to achieve preffered consistency. (Can be substituted for any preferred milk alternative)
- Coconut flakes: Add so much yummy flavor and healthy fats!
- Agave syrup / honey: To add a little extra sweetness to the smoothie. (This can be omitted if a less sweet smoothie is preferred)
How To Make A Coconut Berry Smoothie Bowl
To make this coconut berry smoothie bowl you will need a blender and a serving bowl. Make the smoothie by adding all the ingredients to the blender and then blend until smooth and creamy. You can adjust the consistency to your preference by adding more milk to thin it or more oats to thicken it. Once you are happy with the consistency, you can pour the smoothie into the serving bowl. Arrange your toppings and then enjoy!
The health benefits of a mixed berry coconut smoothie
This smoothie is packed full of nutrients and health benefits from all its healthy ingredients. Some of these benefits include:
- Coconut is a high-fat fruit that offers a wide range of health benefits. Coconut can provide disease-fighting antioxidants, promote blood sugar regulation, and reduce certain risk factors for heart disease.
- Berries have been shown to reduce inflammation, prevent blood cholesterol from oxidizing, and keeps your blood vessels healthy.
- Rolled Oats can assist your body in reducing the risk of heart disease, lowering cholesterol levels, and reducing the risk of colorectal cancer.
- 1 ½ frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (or honey for non-vegan)
- 1 cup almond milk (or any preferred milk substitute)
- Fresh berries
- Chia seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Chopped nuts
- Place all the smoothie ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!
If you prefer a thicker smoothie, add less almond milk.
More smoothie recipes to try:
- Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Creamy Coffee Chocolate Smoothie
- Chocolate Almond Protein Smoothie
- Immune Boosting Breakfast Smoothie
- Strawberry Almond Smoothie