My favourite meal of the day is breakfast…it’s always been breakfast. I just love the fact that you can have something sweet like pancakes or something hearty and salty like bacon and eggs. But sometimes it can get really repetitive and boring,especially if your on the run in the mornings and you don’t have the time to make yourself a scrumptious breakfast. So I thought I would share my favourite everyday breakfast with everyone. Nutty Vanilla Granola is perfect for breakfast everyday because it is packed with energy because of all the nuts, it’s a little bit sweet and it’s way more interesting than boring old oats.
It can also be switched up everyday, somedays I have it with yoghurt, other days I eat it with some almond milk and my favourite is having it with some delicious coconut yoghurt and fresh berries.
The Nutty Vanilla Granola also makes a perfect snack, I keep a bowl of it on my desk and then whenever I get hungry (which is more often than it probably should be) I just nibble on the dry granola. Yes it’s that deliciously addictive ;).
It has a really yummy crunchy texture with just the right amount of sweet and of course my favourite…vanilla. It’s gluten free, sugar free, and vegan! What could be a more perfect breakfast? Well maybe my pancakes still gives the Nutty Vanilla Granola a run for it’s money.
The granola is pretty easy to make and once it’s done, it’s done and you can store it in a container and nibble on it or enjoy it for breakfast everyday. It only takes 10 steps to your perfect crunchy breakfast.
10 Steps to the perfect Nutty Vanilla Granola:
- Preheat oven to 160ºC and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 2 Cups of the gluten free rolled oats in a blender and blend until almost smooth (but still with a few small pieces).
- In a small pot over medium heat, mix together the coconut oil, agave nectar,coconut sugar, vanilla, salt and water. Bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the nuts, seeds, rolled oats as well as the blended oats.
- Once sugar/oil mixture has boiled, add the mixture to the nut and oat mixture.
- Mix well until all ingredients are well coated.
- Place uncooked granola mixture on the baking sheet and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, ensuring that you stir the mixture every 15min.
- Add toasted coconut and allow to cool.
- Store in a airtight container and enjoy it :).
*see recipe for ingredients and amounts.