I have been wearing my juicer out a bit because I am totally obsessed with finding new delicious health boosting juices I can make every morning.
This morning I just made a plain and simple carrot juice, because after doing some “research”… in other words googling.. I found that carrots are crazy healthy.
So for a quick post, here are my top 10 reasons to drink carrot juice everyday.
1. It helps reduce sunburn- This is my number one reason because I am a ginger… and any ginger will know that the sun is your number one enemy. Carrots contain tons of carotenoids which protects your skin against sunburn. Having your daily dose of carrot juice could likely end up replacing your suntan lotion.
2. It’s good for your liver- Carrot juice improves the functioning of your liver and aids your body in getting rid of toxins.
3. Contain’s cancer preventing characteristics- The high levels of carotenoids contained in carrots can help prevent particular types of cancers such as cervical, breast and colon.
4. Carrots lower your cholesterol- Carrots contain large amounts of soluble fibre which binds to cholesterol and then helps the body to excrete it as waste.
5. It protects your vision- Carrots contain insane amounts of Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene which is vital in protecting your eye sight. Vitamin A is one the most important things needed by the body in order to improve vision.
6. Boosts your immune system- Drinking carrot juice daily can give you many of the antioxidants needed by your body. These antioxidants help prevent free radical damage and assist with inflammation.
7. Makes your skin look Beautiful- Because carrots contain such a large amount of Vitamin A, it helps to protect your skin from dryness and things associated with that such as psoriasis. It helps your skin stay moisturised and can aid in healing scars and blemishes.
8. Gives you Energy- Carrots contain Iron which is vital in providing your body with the energy it needs to live an active lifestyle.
9. Improves your smile- Carrots contain certain minerals that have important antibacterial properties that aid in preventing tooth decay and cavities and they can also make your teeth whiter by removing stains.
10. Carrots help you stay young- Because of their high quantities of beta carotene, carrots help the skin stay young and are great in preventing wrinkles.
If it doesn’t appeal to you to just slurp up a couple of carrots every day, then add some ginger and apples to your juicer, it will make your juice a lot more sweeter and as you know “a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down”.